Denver In May

cachewidow

Hi, I will be travelling to Denver in Mid-May for a long weekend. Can anyone suggest a couple of caches near the Convention Centre? What is the weather generally like at that time - t-shirts? jacket? parka?

Thanks

Cachewidow

Cache list to follow.

Weather in May. In answer to all your clothing questions the answer is Yes. but mostly it should be tee-shirt to light jacket weather. However we have been known to have a good snow just because.

If you have any intentions of going to the mountains, be prepared with a heavy coat or layer of shirts/sweaters and parkas. Like Co Admin said, be ready. The one thing here in Colorado is the weather can change,drastically!! It can start out to be a warm day, and a blizzard early in the afternoon. Especially that time of the year.

As far as caches, try this:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...90-c638036f35c3

I have not done it but it seems to be popular and fairly close.

I used the coordinates of:

N39* 45.136' W104* 59.502' to search.

This is a pretty central hub point in the Denver Downtown area.

Please, enjoy your trip here and your geocaching adventure. Let us know how it goes.

Z.

Thanks, I appreciate the suggestions. As I am travelling from Victoria, Canada ( aka Lotus Land to the rest of Canada) May is usually quite balmy with just rain to deal with. Never know what to expect in the mountains. Looks like I will only have time to hit one or two super close ones while my travelling-companion-non-cachers keep the taxi waiting.

In Denver you can expect it to snow anyday between Labor Day and Memorial Day. On occasion, it does snow between Memorial Day and Labor Day. That's the nice thing about Denver, it's always perfect weather to BBQ. :)

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm BBQ :)