Taking A Parting Shot

Mopar

We all like to get the last word, it's human nature. But, how big of a baby does it take to start a topic, and when it doesn't go the way you like, flame the mods and lock it down? Not to name names, cause that would be a personal attack and against forum guidelines, but isn't that really bad form?

Edited by Mopar

Things are getting way too personal in here. If there is no problem with a cache placement, then it should be approved. If there is a problem, then it should not be approved. Letting personal feelings about somebody get in the way of approving a cache is just plain silly. It's either a good cache or it's not. Also, I don't see anything wrong with the name Duane used for the cache either. If it is allowed to be posted in the forums, it should be allowed as a cache name. The same people who visit the geocache site are the same ones who visit the forums, so I don't buy the family values argument. It's obvious that one approver has a different standard than the other. I think there should be a uniform standard to follow and apply it equally across the board and not make up rules as you go along. The geocache itself has nothing to do with how somebody behaves in the forums. If they misbehave in the forums then ban them, but don't ban the cache based on if you like somebody or not.

Things are getting way too personal in here. If there is no problem with a cache placement, then it should be approved. If there is a problem, then it should not be approved. Letting personal feelings about somebody get in the way of approving a cache is just plain silly. It's either a good cache or it's not. Also, I don't see anything wrong with the name Duane used for the cache either. If it is allowed to be posted in the forums, it should be allowed as a cache name. The same people who visit the geocache site are the same ones who visit the forums, so I don't buy the family values argument. It's obvious that one approver has a different standard than the other. I think there should be a uniform standard to follow and apply it equally across the board and not make up rules as you go along. The geocache itself has nothing to do with how somebody behaves in the forums. If they misbehave in the forums then ban them, but don't ban the cache based on if you like somebody or not.

even better....Thanks

even better....Thanks

Not at all better, and totally off topic. That trained derailed already in another thread. :lol:

Edited by Sparky-Watts

Cachew Nut,

The name of that cache was discussed with other reviewers prior to the decision to ask the hider to change it.

Just this week, I asked a hider in Ohio to adjust a cache name. It was fixed promptly and cheefully.

I was among the many reviewers who advised CO Admin on how to handle this submission in what we hoped was a fair and even-handed manner. We do our very best to be consistent in the application of the Cache Listing Requirements/Guidelines. When a reviewer applies a guideline in an inconsistent manner, we discuss it freely and openly in our own forum. That being said, I freely admit that we are not perfect; we are human and sometimes judgment is involved. I stand by my judgment and that of the other reviewers in this particular instance.

I hope that this is responsive to your concerns.

Edited by Keystone Approver

You know, I never really even looked that closely to his name. I didn't realize what it was even meant until someone said something about it. I would glance at it and all this time I thought it had something to do with yachts....LOL :lol:

What's a yachit anyway? :lol:

You know, I never really even looked that closely to his name. I didn't realize what it was even meant until someone said something about it. I would glance at it and all this time I thought it had something to do with yachts....LOL :lol:

Don't feel bad. I had to have it explained to me in the forums.

I had to have this one explained to me also. Then I laughed my butt off. Someone had it as their sig line.

Eye ham we Todd did.

Sofa king we Todd did.

i thought i was the only one who thought that. imagine my surprise when i found out it didn't. LOL LOL LOL LOL

We all like to get the last word, it's human nature. But, how big of a baby does it take to start a topic, and when it doesn't go the way you like, flame the mods and lock it down? Not to name names, cause that would be a personal attack and against forum guidelines, but isn't that really bad form?

I am seriously thinking we are dealing with a split personality in that thread.... :lol:

I don't understand why anyone has the authority to lock and unlock their own threads anyway. This is the first forum on the internet I have ever seen giving members that feature.

You have the ability so that if the question is answered or the thread has been derailed beyond recovery you can put it out of it's misery.

That you can unarchve a thread so to speak is just funny given the topic that brought up this question.

Edited by Renegade Knight
I don't understand why anyone has the authority to lock and unlock their own threads anyway. This is the first forum on the internet I have ever seen giving members that feature.

You have the ability so that if the question is answered or the thread has been derailed beyond recovery you can put it out of it's misery.

Not meaning this in an insulting way, but isn't that a mods job?

That you can unarchve a thread so to speak is just funny given the topic that brought up this question.

You're a stickler for that search feature, aren't ya? Quit picking on me, dangit! A question pops into my head, I ask it....haven't you figured that out by now?? :lol:

:lol:

No we are dealing with this. Sad, really.

EDIT:

Pandy- that's because GC.com tends to view it's membership as adults... Mostly accurate. Mostly...

Oh, that is sad. I worked with an EMT that had Munchausen by proxy. She kept giving her 4 and 5 year old kids epicac (makes ya throw up yer socks for hours) to make them sick so she'd get sympathy. They ended up in the intensive care unit, and kept getting worse. Finally, the doctors set up a hidden camera, and caught her sneaking in with the stuff and giving it to them in the hospital. Dang near killed the 4 y/o!! She's in prison now, 50 years with no parole for attempted murder in the first degree. Sad, sad woman. :lol: I hope she rots to death where she is. :lol:

I always assumed his name was:

Upinyachit = Up in your doo-doo

Correct me if I am wrong, folks. :lol:

You know, I never really even looked that closely to his name. I didn't realize what it was even meant until someone said something about it. I would glance at it and all this time I thought it had something to do with yachts....LOL  :lol:

I always assumed his name was:

Upinyachit = Up in your doo-doo

Correct me if I am wrong, folks. :lol:

Yep, you're right but if you just glance at it real quick, it could mean several things. Could also mean "up in Yachit"....isn't that that a town somewhere in Arkansas?? :lol:

well well i see my favorite target is back at work stirring up the forum again.thought you were over that up...?but to derail just a tad further here..i hate his forum name and it bothers me to no end.he hardly ever has anything constructive to say if ever and with that name who could ask for anything else from him?moderator?????if your listning out there how can i voice my distaste for this forum name????is there a complaint dept????and would it do me any good to say start a petition to ban the name from the forum???tyvm

just to be clear ban the name not the user...well really either way...lol

Could also mean "up in Yachit"....

That's what I thought it was. Then I read a thread where someone told him that if he changed his name to something less offensive, it would be a good start.

He was having NO part of that idea. :lol:

Anyway, that's when I looked at the name from a different angle.

I think it suits him.

Eye ham we Todd did.

Sofa king we Todd did.

Email me, please before my head explodes....lol

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh sure...laugh here. I'm just glad you weren't sitting here next to me as I was trying to sound it out for the 10th time! :lol:

Oh my! I didn't get it at all until I read it to someone else! :(

I'm just wondering why Mopar hasn't locked this thread down already?? :lol::lol::lol:

...Not meaning this in an insulting way, but isn't that a mods job? ...

Mods take a serious beating in the forums when they close threads. So for them to close a thread they have to be willing to take the flack. We had a period of forum wars where a lot of things were fought out and overall there seems to be a good balance now. As a newbiew who jumped in with both feet you missed that period of evolution but the archived messages are all there if you are ever bored.

Anyway if an owner closes their thread it saves the mods the trouble because it's their thread to close and we all learn fairly quicly that they can do it. Most people don't close their own threads and let them die a natural lack of interest death.

:lol: Same here until it was pointed out. However the cache name in question stood out to me because it wasn't all one word like his name.

You know, I never really even looked that closely to his name. I didn't realize what it was even meant until someone said something about it. I would glance at it and all this time I thought it had something to do with yachts....LOL  :lol:

What's a yachit anyway? :)

Don't feel bad. I had to have it explained to me in the forums.

I had to have this one explained to me also. Then I laughed my butt off. Someone had it as their sig line.

Eye ham we Todd did.

Sofa king we Todd did.

Eye ham sofa king we tod did

I'll likely close this topic late this evening, as it has drifted considerably. If there is anyone who wants to discuss the general issue of taking a parting shot and then locking a topic, or the general issue of re-opening a topic after it's been locked, say your piece in order to keep this one alive. Thanks.

I posted this thread some time ago asking the moderators to close a thread without taking parting shots at anyone. Simply quote the guideline or reason the thread is being closed and do it.

We hold moderators to a higher standard, but it is pretty rude when anyone, not just a mod, closes a thread with a parting comment. Maybe we should have moderators re-open those threads to allow others to give a rebuttal?