Trial By Geocaching Jury

upinyachit

I don't know who you as I came across your thread and wondered your beef was. You clearly feel strongly the hobby. It is also clear that you are not going to get what you want - even you must see that now.

You believe you were not being treated fairly, otherwise you would not have resorted asking for a jury. I think you were treated fairly. Granted you didn't get some caches approved, but I don't think it was worth pursuing. It's only a hobby.

My advice to you is to move on. How you wish move on is up to you. I suggest you start completely new. Drop your account you are using and create new account with with a different e-mail address. I also suggest you watch your additude. If you don't, I can easily see you in the same situation again.

If the mods un-archived your caches, would all this madness from you stop?

Yes....... I would go to chill mode.

I have an addicting personality, so take it for what it's worth.

Bullsh.......no you wouldn't. You'd make up yet another story where the mods were being mean to you, or the approvers won't approve your caches, or Hydee is ignoring you.....it would just go on and on and on and on and on..............hasn't it already? :lol:

My advice to you is to move on. How you wish move on is up to you. I suggest you start completely new. Drop your account you are using and create new account with with a different e-mail address.

We have used Upinyachit for over two years. We have over 100 finds and over a thousand different logs from our hidden caches. Do you think in my heart and soul I want to start over? :lol:

My advice to you is to move on. How you wish move on is up to you. I suggest you start completely new. Drop your account you are using and create new account with with a different e-mail address.

We have used Upinyachit for over two years. We have over 100 finds and over a thousand different logs from our hidden caches. Do you think in my heart and soul I want to start over? :lol:

You can change your caching name and retain all your finds and logs. I did.

Edit: Good night.

Edited by rusty_tlc
Bullsh.......no you wouldn't. You'd make up yet another story where the mods were being mean to you, or the approvers won't approve your caches, or Hydee is ignoring you.....it would just go on and on and on and on and on..............hasn't it already?

Can you just relax and chill for a minute. You must like my entertainment I provide, you always have something to say. Give me a break when I deserve it.

Bullsh.......no you wouldn't. You'd make up yet another story where the mods were being mean to you, or the approvers won't approve your caches, or Hydee is ignoring you.....it would just go on and on and on and on and on..............hasn't it already?

Can you just relax and chill for a minute. You must like my entertainment I provide, you always have something to say. Give me a break when I deserve it.

If you ever deserve it, I might....but the way you're going, that's a long, long way off. Go to bed, Duane. Go fix your caches tomorrow, and quit griping! :lol:

care_room.jpg

They must care a lot, they left the curtains and a rug :lol:

LOL! You made me spit Mountain Dew all over my desk! You owe me a new desk!

(Totally off topic but I have nothing to say about the topic at the moment. That may change, please stand by!)

These forums are no good for you Duanne. It's the root of the problem. I suggest staying away for a while and concentrate on just caching and being with your family. They're much more important than any of us anyway. Take a proactive approach and ban yourself. You want to gain respect, that would be the fastest way to do it. It sounds like you've got a legit case with the cache that is too close. Move it as far away as you can, then try to get it approved again. Try taking photos of the area and tell the admin, look this is a really nice area and worthy of a cache and it's across a major street or river from the other cache or whatever blah, blah, blah... Using that tactic has worked wonderfully for me and in time I think it could work for you.

Edited by JMBella

Look, you can continue to fight your case but do you really think you are going to achieve anything? You keep this up, you are just going to make enemies with the cache approvers. Now where will that get you? If you don't want to start over as I suggusted, then forget what happened and move on. You can continue with being "Upinyachit", but holding onto this gripe of yours isn't going to get you anywhere.

I've said my piece and wish you well.

Adam

Upinyachit:

You made some remark about the same old stuff from the same people. I haven't said anything yet about your "problems". Now I will.

There's a basic issue here that I think you, and all of us, need to fully understand. 1. An action in words or act performed in a fit of anger can NOT be undone. The damage is done at that instant. The best one can hope for is to eat humble pie and try to move on with your life. You can hope that those effected will forgive and forget.

2. It's impossible to forgive and forget as long as the effected parties are badgered.

3. It becomes harder when more people are dragged into the issue.

4. And harder still when those that are dragged in don't agree with you.

It appears that you're trying to dig a hole so deep that you're going to have a real hard time digging out. I really don't think you're the "bad" guy that seems to come across in the forums. I think you've got an ego that needs to be put aside.

Advice: Loose the negative. Eat some humble pie (I think you were making some attempt at this). Start some positive posts. Over time you can gain the respect of this community.

Byron

Completely new person here, never heard of you before tonight. After reading this ENTIRE thread and the one from a few days ago in the link at the beginning, I really wish this would be closed. Nothing new is apparently going to come of this.

<start off-hours psychologcal consult>

Those that have experience with you are going to continue to quasi-flame you, and you will reply without thinking -- or at least re-editing your post to make sure you REALLY want to go there... Its a vicious circle, it isn't productive, and it isn't healthy.

I have no doubt that your past behavior casts a bias on your current actions and the perception of others, but I also have no doubt that you want the rules changed for you. Neither are "right", but neither seems destined to change in the short-term.

This forum is not a defining body for anyone. Please don't use it to define your own worth or the worth of other members. It only serves to cause your warning level to rise.

<end off-hours psychological consult>

Life is too short to be this upset/concerned about a few boxes of tupperware.

Since I failed The Insanity Test, my mind may not be all there, but I thought I read someplace that a physical cache will trump a virtual.

I always thought of virtual caches as a place where a physical cache would be either impracitcal or not allowed. I also thought that if someone placed a physical within .1 mile of a virtual, the physical would trump.

But like I said, this littel green dinosaur's brain cells are almost extinct.

I archived Upinyachit's vacation cache and placed a different one in the same spot. They didn't approve it because it was to close to a virtual cache.

Guilty. You snooze, you lose. See sentencing #2 above.

I disagree with the quoted statement.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to find a substantiating link before heading out the door this morning, but I clearly recall we were told by TPTB that the placement (and approval) of a physical cache would take precedence over a virtual cache and would cause the virtual cache to be archived. The reasoning was, it had been decided that virtual caches were to be approved only in areas where it was not possible to hide a physical cache or in areas where physical caches were prohibited.

Edited by Bassoon Pilot
Since I failed The Insanity Test, my mind may not be all there, but I thought I read someplace that a physical cache will trump a virtual.

I always thought of virtual caches as a place where a physical cache would be either impracitcal or not allowed. I also thought that if someone placed a physical within .1 mile of a virtual, the physical would trump.

But like I said, this littel green dinosaur's brain cells are almost extinct.

No, the .1 mile separation rule applies to all types of caches, including virtuals. I'd note that I don't think any reviewers apply it to event caches -- a permanent cache hidden 300 feet from the picnic pavilion for an upcoming event cache would be listed.

As I stated a few pages ago, one of the reasons that the standards for virtual caches are rather strict is because the listing of a virtual cache "blocks" the placement of a traditional cache in that area. Sometimes it is a tough rule to apply, like when someone places a creative micro in the same urban park that was waypointed two years earlier as a virtual because there is a historic marker at the park entrance. A good friend who I introduced to geocaching had his micro submission shot down in flames for this reason. He was able to move it to an identical hiding spot on the opposite side of a river in order to be more than 528 feet away from the virtual cache.

If physical caches "trumped" virtual caches in the sense that they could force the archival of an earlier virtual cache, then I'm sure there would be a subset of geocachers who would take their backpack full of micro containers and set one out next to every virtual for miles around.

Rather, it is in the placement of *new* virtual caches where the preference for physical caches is strongly felt. From the Geocache Listing Requirements/Guidelines:

Note:  Physical caches are the basis of the activity. Virtual caches were created due to the inaccessibility of caching in areas that discourage it.  Please keep in mind physical caches are the prime goal when submitting your cache report.

Prior to considering a virtual cache, you must have given consideration to the question “why couldn’t a microcache or multi-cache be placed there?”  Physical caches have priority, so please consider adding a micro or making the location a step in an offset or multi-stage cache with the physical cache placed in an area that is appropriate.

It was these guidelines which were applied by CO Admin to Upinyachit's cache submission, just as I applied them to my friend who I see every week or two.

Once again, I ask for information about the alleged unapproved cache that was allegedly denied because of another cache being planned in the area. I cannot seem to find it any place in Colorado over the past year. I did check each page.

The Runyon Cache (GCHA71) is the one in question about the puzzle thing.

(GC7FAD) Upinyachits Vacation Cache this cache was replaced with what's the point. But what's the point got shot down because of the virtual cache close by. But my original cache Upyachit's vacation cache was placed first.

What ever........... I am tired now :lol: and am sick of trying to get my caches listed. Could it be that GC could be scared I might put a cache note inside and tell members about Navicache? Just my own hypothesis :lol:

You archived the vacation cache. The virtual was placed, you snooze you lose. Too much time between archival and virtual approval. They didn't take out a gun and shoot it down, you seem to not realize just how many cachers are out there and if you're not on the ball, the spot will be taken. Too bad. It happens to ALL of us at one time or another. The only thing that scares gc.com about you is not us finding out about the other site, it's your attitude. Everyone is afraid you'll post again, or start another topic.

I'm still trying to figure out just what's the perceived problem. This whole thread makes no sense. I'm still trying to get over the uncalled for threats made by you in the other thread and frankly I don't know why I'm bothering to respond now, after that thread.

Perhaps if you stopped trying to place caches that push the envelope you'd have less trouble getting approval.

Guilty. I don't think the first cache should have been approved because of the name and I don't think the second should be either. We have kids that read this site, ya know?

huh? LOL Think about that for a minute.....

D

-------

I don't get this response. No, YOU think about it for a minute. Take an hour.

-------

Keystone approver,

Can you take it easy? I understand your dedication to wards GC and all, but the facts I am being treated unfair. I archived my caches in a disgruntled moment, and now there is a million reasons why they won't realist them.

Bottom Conclusion....... Didn't you read Hydee's post?

-------

He WAS taking it easy!! Concise and to the point.

-------

Facts........Can you tell me why JEREMY, HYDEE, and CO admin, will not answer my pm's or emails? But I can post in the forums.........

Sheesh! read any of your threads and you wonder why they don't want to communicate with you I know I'd want to get in touch with the guy who poses threats as soon as I could.

I tried to make it through page three of this topic going nowhere and I just can't do it. Basically what I'm trying to say here is Duane, SHUT UP, JUST SHUT UP AND CACHE!

I will accept my warning now. And I vow to never again read one of Duane's threads. It's just not worth it, he'll never get it.

If physical caches "trumped" virtual caches in the sense that they could force the archival of an earlier virtual cache...

While scanning this thread, this jumped out at me.

Back when this was being discussed this is what I had originally thought it should work, but then had my mind changed. Now, I just think the .1 mile rule should not apply when a physical goes in.

Of course, there might need to be something discussed about placing a physical right on top of the virt or even adjusting the .1 mile rule for urban areas. But as I've pointed out time and again the .1 mile rule can be overly restrictive in dense urban areas.

Anyway, if this site is attempting to return to favoring physcials over virts, then it shouldn't allow virts to hold an area indefinitely. With the way people are being highly innovative with their hides it's much easier to hide one in areas were one thought they couldn't before.

Gladly, I'll get the wet noodle. Or something stronger.

LOLOLOLOL

200 hits an hour.......... That has got to be a forum record. :lol:

It's been fun but now I have to go to work......I wonder what's in store in the next 8 hours? :lol:

Please don't put me down anymore so my topic can remain open for discussion.

See you around 6 tonight. :lol:

CR and Bassoon Pilot (and others):

A side discussion is blossoming in this thread about the extent to which a physical cache can "trump" a virtual cache. In fairness to Upinyachit, may I suggest that someone open a new topic to discuss this issue? I think it would be an interesting discussion and I would not like for it to get lost in this thread, or to detract from the main point Upinyachit is trying to make: that the *existing* rules were not applied to him fairly.

Thank you.

What a piece of chit...thread.

Duane,

In the past six months you have gone out of your way to insult everyone and everything GC. Every time you flame out, geocide or rail against some imaginary foe the tide turns a little more against you. I do not believe that you are capable of winning any argument in the court of public opinion. While entertaining, it's a waste of moderator time and energy. The rest of us have caches to be approved, stop hogging approver time with pointless drivel.

Stop crying Duane. You don't deserve special treatment. In my opinion you don't even deserve the patience and attention you have already been given. However, I don't respect you, so you can take that in whatever way you wish. Follow the rules like everyone else. Respect the mods, I am absolutely positive that they have earned it.

Jeremy,

Enough already. I vote that you BAN DUANE PERMANENTLY. Do the same to the next guy who pulls this bullchit.

Skipping for the moment any particular complaint about a cache not being approved...

and to the more general complaint about ALL his archived caches not being reactivated...

Is there any reason UP couldn't submit each one individually for consideration as a "new" cache?

He loses the continuity with the original cache, but that's a consequence of getting mad and archiving them.

But if the cache is worthy of hunting, why not approve it?

The reason is because they are in NY and he now lives in CO. The new ones in CO have issues as have been outlined in this topic. All he has to do is change the name of one and move the other so the proximity is not an issue and they will be listed. The issues are basic. He wants special treatment.

I will say this one more time. I archived all of my hidden caches in New York and Co. in a disgruntled moment. They were all sweet caches and the first ones we ever placed. I have done everything in my power to get them listed again. It's just not going to happen. My behavior in the forums sucked the creditability from me.

Remember this news story from a few years back?

"Wednesday, September 1st, [1999] was the last day of work for 22 of 68 Major League Baseball Umpires. In what will undoubtedly go down in history as one of the dumbest labor moves ever, The Baseball Umpire's Union declared in July that all Umpires would be resigning as of Sept. 2. The thought was that this mass-resignation would force Baseball to negotiate a better deal with the Umpires' Union, but when only 57 of the 68 actually turned in their written resignations, the solidarity was broken, and the ploy began to fail horribly. Eventually, all 57 resignations were rescinded, but it was too late. Baseball had accepted 22 of the 57 resignations."

You're basically asking GC.com to bend the rules because you did something stupid. As (I think) I'm completely impartial, because I don't remember any of your previous outbursts alluded to in this thread, I think you should live with the consequences of your stupid actions.

While I also think that physicals should usually trump virtuals (and normals should usually trump micros), that's not the way things have shaken out.

Please don't apply if you are not an open minded and fair person.

OH YEAH...... The case is about GEOCACHES. LOL

Results of what?

Trial for what?

You have been warned 9 times because you cannot follow the guidelines. You were warned in the last topic of yours that had to be closed for a very specific, clearly defined reason. You did exactly the same thing that you were warned about again in less than 24 hours and the topic was closed. Even if there is some sort of "trial", you have shown that you won't abide by the decision anyway. Your past actions show that fact clearly, and you have demonstrated that over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...

Mtn-man,

I haven't even stated my case yet. It has to with my hidden caches. My behavior and the forums have nothing to do with this. :lol:

D

I also don't stay out of shape behind a desk either. I am a cacher and a carpenter.LOL

I always thought carpenters were supposed to measure twice and cut once. I guess that doesn't apply to forum postings though? :lol::lol:

QUOTE (Sparky-Watts @ Apr 16 2004, 05:04 AM)

QUOTE (Johnnie Stalkers @ Apr 16 2004, 07:45 AM)

Jeremy,

Enough already. I vote that you BAN DUANE PERMANENTLY. Do the same to the next guy who pulls this bullchit.

Make that two votes.

Three.

hmmm make that 4 please!!

Duane, 

In the past six months you have gone out of your way to insult everyone and everything GC.

He hasn't insulted me yet :lol: He must not like me :lol:

Hey you know what? He hasn't insulted me yet either. C'mon Duane surely you can muster up a good insult for me and saxman. Give us your best shot!

I actually think Duane should be banned too. Not for us but for himself. He's his own worst enemy.

I've been away for a couple of days and this thread is still ongoing!!!

If the people concerned don't like the rules of the club then get out, otherwise I suggest that they put up or shut up, it's costing me a fortune to read this rubbish in the hope that I might find something of interest. In the meantime I'll abide by the rules and cache in the pure tranquility of the Loire.

By the way an insult would be nice!!!!

I agree, he should just try real hard to be quiet and get along on the forum for awhile, move his CO caches so they are legal and let the poor caches in New York go. If someone over there wants to adopt them great if not I am sure others will replace them soon. If he really cares about this sport then he needs to work towards making it better and place some nice hides where he lives. I think it comes down to whether he cares more about his pride or geo caching. And most of us here just want what is best for the hunt. AND most important, he should just leave the moderators and approvers alone and not send ANY more personal e-mails to them for awhile until he lets things cool down.

Please don't put me down anymore so my topic can remain open for discussion.

See you around 6 tonight. 

Wow :lol:

Jeremy,

I got 30 days for saying the same word...............interesting :)

Anyways.........

I will go move my "What's the point cache" and see if we all can just get along.

:)

I got 30 days for saying the same word...............interesting :lol:

Didn't happen to be on, oh I don't know, 90% warning when that happened did you?

Anyways.........

I will go move my "What's the point cache"  and see if we all can just get along.

:)

Did it really require 4 pages for that to be determined? I guess a good hard day at work does wonders.

I kept my cool all night and by the end, nothing solved nothings changed. Same old know it all posters, same old people.

OK I am not the same old poster. I hardly ever post but have been a member for over a year.

You did not follow the rules. You do not go past go. You are guilty. No free parking.

I have been a GC member for about a year now, its a great way to get out and see the countryside, buy cool gadgets, and keep the kids busy. I love the sport aspect of it, and sometimes surf the message boards to check out cool pics of vehicles stuck, or cache mobiles, and also to get ideas about hides and hunts.

My problem is.....The message boards have turned into nothing more than an internet chat room, use your MSN messenger to have lengthy conversations! Quit the pissing matches, if you don't like GC go somewhere else. There are plenty more cache sites out there, maybe start your own if you don't like what GC is doing.

I would hate to see these people that do nothing more than complain and stir the pot destroy this hobby. People that place hides without permission, or put them in retarded locations are only giving the sport a bad name. This is why I don't mind virtual caches, they usually lead you to a location of interest and of historical value. I learn from them, and so do my kids.

Lets all grow up here, kiss and make up.....move along to another place if you have to......don't destroy it for everyone else!!

Thats my two and a half cents worth. End of discussion