Trial By Geocaching Jury

Are you guys done?  Have you had your fun?  Can I close the topic now?

Are you sure there is no more rude remarks you want to sneak in to (fit in)

Only if you promise to keep coming back and entertaining us the way you have. Everyone loves a trainwreck, but it's not often we get to see one every night!

Ooooo!!!!!! I'm NORM OUTSIDE OF AS!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Sparky-Watts
There's a lot to this story members don't know about.

You know - this is the ONLY thing you've said in this thread that made any sense.

In one thread you said "you could go on and on" - I wish you would. The only person here who knows what you're talking about is you.

No, second thought - I really don't give a d@mn - you're guilty of wasting my time.

From what I've seen - all of the caches denied were denied rightfully so. Either fix them or get over it.

southdeltan

Maybe you should go catch some zzzzz's and come back later when you are sober.

Joined the donut shop i see. That's cool, because it keeps you from getting warned. I would have got a warning for that remark.

Well why else would your eyes be as big as tomatoes???

I can't believe you haven't been warned again just for this stupid thread. :lol:

That seems to be the only reason you opened it back up...you even asked Mopar to slap you around, both here and in another thread, so what's your beef? You pegged it there,

There is a point in all this Sparky. You yourself had the flame meter at green for a while until another member took a shot at me. (Mtn-man) Go look for yourself.

I kept my cool all night and by the end, nothing solved nothings changed. Same old know it all posters, same old people.

Edited by upinyachit
(GC7FAD) Upinyachits Vacation Cache this cache was replaced with what's the point.  But what's the point got shot down because of the virtual cache close by. But my original cache Upyachit's vacation cache was placed first. 

What ever........... I am tired now :lol:  and am sick of trying to get my caches listed.  Could it be that GC could be scared I might put a cache note inside and tell members about Navicache?  Just my own hypothesis :lol:

I was going to stay out of this one but after reading this I need to speak up.

You said you archived Upinyachits Vacation Cache, right? Then you replaced it with What's the Point. I'm following so far?

OK, this is a very important question:

Was the virtual placed between you archiving Upinyachits Vacation Cache and hiding What's the Point?

The virtual cache was obviously placed in that time correct? If that is the case then the case is closed. You archived the first cache which allowed someone to place another cache close by, then you tried to place another caches with 528 feet of that cache. Yes Upinyachits Vacation Cache was there first but Upinyachits Vacation Cache was archived. Does that sound right Duanne or did I miss something?

Edited by JMBella
I tried to claim my first norm outside of AS and was told it didnt count.. so there  :lol:    :lol:  :lol:

Sorry Red Clover. It counts. I was messing with you. :lol:

How dare you torment a sweet lil innocent.. oh wait.. im supposed to be talking about me right.. ok sorry the halo slipped.. I think its now offically an anklet.. but anyway... yeah

I'll chime in as a newbie who likes it here after wandering the web and woods.

"Upinyachit" - right off the bat you have chosen a title that is intentionally off-color but slightly "camouflaged" to sneak past the mods. There are lots of kids, families and cachers who are not the least bit interested in this sort of language. I notice you use the phrase "chit" on other occassions and even tried to sneak the word past the mods as part of a cache title. Childish.

Let it die. Move on. If you like the other caching site and they accept your confrontational behavior, then go.

There is a point in all this Sparky. You yourself had the flame meter at green for a while until another member took a shot at me. (Mtn-man) Go look for yourself.

"a shot" -- no.

The facts? Yes.

The facts are what they are. If you do not want to deal with the facts, then stop posting.

(GC7FAD) Upinyachits Vacation Cache this cache was replaced with what's the point.  But what's the point got shot down because of the virtual cache close by. But my original cache Upyachit's vacation cache was placed first. 

What ever........... I am tired now :lol:  and am sick of trying to get my caches listed.  Could it be that GC could be scared I might put a cache note inside and tell members about Navicache?  Just my own hypothesis :lol:

You said you archived Upinyachits Vacation Cache, right? Then you replaced it with What's the Point. I'm following so far?

Was the virtual placed between you archiving Upinyachits Vacation Cache and hiding What's the Point?

The virtual cache was obviously placed in that time correct? If that is the case then the case is closed. You archived the first cache which allowed someone to place another cache close by, then you tried to place another caches with 528 feet of that cache. Yes Upinyachits Vacation Cache was there first but Upinyachits Vacation Cache was archived. Does that sound right Duanne or did I miss something?

It's pretty simple to check.

Nearby caches

As you can see, the virtual was hidden nearby, several yrs ago, before the .1 mile rule. He archived his vacation cache in March, with the same temper tantrum note he placed on all his other caches. I would assume he placed the NEW cache sometime after that. Since he says its in the same spot, it's now way too close to the pre-existing virtual.

How much time passed between you archiving Upinyachits Vacation Cache and hiding What's the Point?

I will say this one more time. I archived all of my hidden caches in New York and Co. in a disgruntled moment. They were all sweet caches and the first ones we ever placed. I have done everything in my power to get them listed again. It's just not going to happen. My behavior in the forums sucked the creditability from me.

I only hurt my wife, because she worked on them, and my kid Casey. His cache In NY hasn't been found in a while. If I could change things I would. During the time my caches were active, there was a lot of logs to read. And we got a lot of people hooked on caching. Those are all my positive points, but they don't count in the forums.

Mopar,

I must do something right. You spend a lot of time searching me. You know my dad, what I do, When I moved. You must have spy bot or something.

now way too close to the pre-existing virtual.

135 feet........... Big Deal, I will move the cache tomorrow. I sure am going through a lot to hide items and place a cache. Is this worth it to me. I might come to my senses one day........ :lol:

That seems to be the only reason you opened it back up...you even asked Mopar to slap you around, both here and in another thread, so what's your beef? You pegged it there,

I kept my cool all night and by the end, nothing solved nothings changed. Same old know it all posters, same old people.

Nope. I already looked, and that wasn't a shot by mtn-man, it was the truth. You raised the meter by yourself. Why do you insist on taking shots at the mods that way? Everytime one of them proves you dead wrong, you take a cheap shot at them. And no, you did not keep your cool. Go back and look. Taking cheap shots as you close the thread is not keeping your cool. Re-opening the thread and asking people to smack you down, then b*tching when they do is not keeping your cool. You've lost the case, and given up any chance of ever being taken seriously again here. Navicache is still open, and I'm sure they'll leave the light on for you. Go back over there, please.

I've been reading this thread and don't have a history with any of the main players so I feel I can be unbiased.

A few things I noticed.

While the name of the cache "Up in you (etc.)" may have been accepted two years ago, the site wasn't what it was two years ago. Just like earlier the language that could be used in the forums could have been more liberal.

However I think with the growth of geocaching it has become more of a business so they have to run it more like a business. All it could take is one child seeing something inappropriate and one p.o.ed parent to get bad press.

Secondly, the fact they are still letting you post this thread on the people that run the business on their sites shows to me they are being more professional.

Thirdly, I think upinyachit is being a little paranoid.

Fourth, the rules do change but we have to accept that. I travel quite a bit and my most succesful caches were ones left in areas to for away from me. I know that now I can't leave those kind of caches but I accept that with the growth of the site the rules have to change and that the rules will continue to change.

Fifth, the only evidence I've seen are the messages that Keystone here posted that were sent to upinyachit but we have not seen the alleged nasty letters they sent to you. Evidence speaks volumes.

I will say this one more time. I archived all of my hidden caches in New York and Co. in a disgruntled moment. They were all sweet caches and the first ones we ever placed. I have done everything in my power to get them listed again. It's just not going to happen. My behavior in the forums sucked the creditability from me.

I only hurt my wife, because she worked on them, and my kid Casey. His cache In NY hasn't been found in a while. If I could change things I would. During the time my caches were active, there was a lot of logs to read. And we got a lot of people hooked on caching. Those are all my positive points, but they don't count in the forums.

:lol: This guy is talking sense. What did you do with the guy that was freaking out on everyone a bit ago??? :lol:

It's pretty simple to check.

Nearby caches

As you can see, the virtual was hidden nearby, several yrs ago, before the .1 mile rule. He archived his vacation cache in March, with the same temper tantrum note he placed on all his other caches. I would assume he placed the NEW cache sometime after that. Since he says its in the same spot, it's now way too close to the pre-existing virtual.

Well son of a b!#$&! Would you look at that! That is easy! The best part is that there are not one but TWO caches within 528 feet!

edit: question answered while I was posting.

Edited by JMBella

Not really. There are people posting in this thread that have been here 3yrs, and there are people posting that have only been around 3 weeks. The newbies haven't seen your other 40 or so outbursts, so they are judging you just on your recent "merits". The newbie jurors seem to thing your guilty too.

In general so long as a person is in good standing (meaning not a banned user) the rules that apply should be the same as every other member. We have been taught that we can bring back an archived cache so long as it meets all the rules that a newly placed cache would have to meet. These rules should be the same and not all the usual and customary rules + a special rule that says in so many words "your caches are not coming back".

That puts the onus on Groundspeak to ban members that need banned but also to treat everyone equilly if they aren't. Some of Up's caches are stuck in archives due to conflicts that he's admited having. Maybe some aren't and can be adopted out.

The only thing that can be done and should be done is to take each cache on a case by case basis and see where things end up. If at that time we need a 'trial by jury' it can be looked at then.

This thread should be closed.

Oh Oh Oh, can I play too? No really, Don't feed the train wreck. A situation has neither bad or good inherent in it. The good and the bad come from inside us. Sooooo, instead of trying to change how others are seeing things, change how you are. That is the Only thing you can do. It is also the only way to be happy or at least to start being happier.

As for your family, as long as you feed this, they will suffer. Let it go, move forward (as others have recommended) and act differently as you do so. No big deal, no need to suffer about it. That is all in your head, remember?

Anyway, I just thought this was such a clear example of how situations contain what you bring to them, that I had to play too.

Oh, and I haven't read any old posts of upin's, or any of the cache pages, I just read the threads on this topic...and this is just my impartial opinion, and kinda a plead for sanity. :

:lol:

Well son of a b!#$&! Would you look at that! That is easy! The best part is that there are not one but TWO caches within 528 feet! Why did you archive it?

I got suspended from posting in the forums for saying $hit in the forums. So all I wanted to do is archive or disabled my caches during that time. After a month went byI logged into this website and got a note from Hydee. The note said the approvers would not unarchive my caches if I decide to do that. Well I already archived my caches before I read the note. Hydee won't budge with the decision that was made.

D

Mopar,

I must do something right.  You spend a lot of time searching me.  You know my dad, what I do, When I moved.  You must have spy bot or something. 

now way too close to the pre-existing virtual.

135 feet........... Big Deal, I will move the cache tomorrow. I sure am going through a lot to hide items and place a cache. Is this worth it to me. I might come to my senses one day........ :lol:

Ok, you musta tossed back another shot of the good stuff, your not making sense anymore. It took about 15 seconds to click on your name over there in the list, and go to the list of your hides, and find your archived vacation cache. I have no clue who your dad is, or when you moved. But you mention in almost every thread youve ever posted to, including this one, that you build houses.

As for moving your cache 135ft, well, why didnt you do that when CO Admin asked you to back when you first hid that cache? That would have been one less thing to get yourself upset over.

Edited by Mopar

Duane,

If the mods un-archived your caches, would all this madness from you stop?

I vote the mods un-archive whatever he's talking about and if he starts anymore "chit" with this website, he and his IP addy be banned forever. This is so weird that this has gone on for so long.

Edit: I meant to say, don't un-archive the ones that don't fall within the guidelines, just the ones that do.

Edited by PandyBat
Have you ever got a warning Mopar?

If I did, I deserved it, and I didn't go bragging about it, or complaining about it. I sucked it up and thought a little harder before I pressed "add reply" the next time. That's why they still let me hang in the donut shop.

Edited by Mopar
Duane,

I vote the mods un-archive whatever he's talking about and if he starts anymore "chit" with this website, he and his IP addy be banned forever. This is so weird that this has gone on for so long.

No...it would not stop...and if the mods did unarchive his...they would have to do it for all.

It always pays to think before you act :lol:

Well son of a b!#$&! Would you look at that! That is easy! The best part is that there are not one but TWO caches within 528 feet! Why did you archive it?

I got suspended from posting in the forums for saying $hit in the forums. So all I wanted to do is archive or disabled my caches during that time. After a month went byI logged into this website and got a note from Hydee. The note said the approvers would not unarchive my caches if I decide to do that. Well I already archived my caches before I read the note. Hydee won't budge with the decision that was made.

D

Well then that sucks. Now I understand that there was a discrepancy in the timing with you archiving your caches THEN reading that message. However, when you archive a cache doesn't it say something like If you archive it you won't be able to unarchived it? I think once you archive a cache and then want to unarchived it it should be subject to any new rules that may be in place. If it was temporary you should have just disabled it.

Here's another question:

Do you agree or disagree with the 528 foot rule?

Duane,

No...it would not stop...and if the mods did unarchive his...they would have to do it for all.

Nice hat!

Duane,

True, but this is crazy. I can't believe I've even devoted time to this thread for most of the night..lol Maybe I should think before I act next time! :lol:

Duane,

Nice hat!

Thank you. :lol:

I will say this one more time.  I archived all of my hidden caches in New York and Co. in a disgruntled moment.  They were all sweet caches and the first ones we ever placed.  I have done everything in my power to get them listed again.  It's just not going to happen.  My behavior in the forums sucked the creditability from me...

So the logical thing to do here is to learn from your mistakes and move on, right? End of story, everyone lives happily ever after?

(best Irish accent) "Awright, move along people! Nothin' to see here!"

Ok, you musta tossed back another shot of the good stuff, your not making sense anymore

That deserves a warning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

You know my dad, what I do, When I moved.

I have to be honest Duanne, it does sound like you're a little tipsy right there. :lol:

Do you agree or disagree with the 528 foot rule

I agree!!!!!!!! But not with Virtual caches.

But the problem is, this is geocaching.com and they agree with the 528 foot rule even on virtuals, so you're stuck with either moving your cache, or forgetting about it.

Do you agree or disagree with the 528 foot rule

I agree!!!!!!!! But not with Virtual caches.

OK, so lets say for arguments sake that the rule as applied to virtuals is BS. Actually I might even agree but that's for another topic. There's still a traditional cache 410 feet away.