Trial By Geocaching Jury

If I was to give opening arguments for a situation that requires an open mind, would there be Groundspeak members that would judge all of the facts. Instead of going through Hydee, Jeremy, CO Admin, or any other mods, maybe I could state my case here. I don't want to whine and act like I hate GC, because I don't.

We just have some differences that need to be worked out. It would be cool if a member could represent Groundspeak and Geocaching.com, because I am sure they would like to represent their side also. We would all have to act like mature adults and cool it with the low blows. My warning level is at 90%, so I don't want to jeopardize suspension again. I will keep my cool while on trial. LOL This would be all in fun and could turn out interesting. Of course both sides would have to agree on the 6 or 12 member jury. Carleenp and Renegade Knight would be prime targets; they always seem to have an open mind.

Would this work? I am all open for suggestions. I know some members absolutely despise me, so they would automatically be disqualified. LOL

Please don't apply if you are not an open minded and fair person.

OH YEAH...... The case is about GEOCACHES. LOL

I have nothing against you. You've never done anything to me so I have no reason to either think or speak ill of you. But I really don't think this trial will do your case any good.

Groundspeak is the company that owns and runs Geocaching.com and Jeremy is president and CEO. It is his rules that are enforced by CO Admin, Mtn-man, Keystone approver and all the other mods.

Since this is a private company, each of us has 2 choices, either play by their rules, or go play somewhere else. Theres a few rules which I don't like, but I understand that there for the good of the game and the positives GREATLY outweigh the negatives.

I will not judge you, or anyone else because they have views that differ from mine. While Jeremy is very good at listening and implementing as many of the feature requests that he can. It all boils down to the fact that this is HIS show. Like it, or leave it.

Despite my personal opinion of you, I could be impartial on any subject you want to bring up. I have always been impartial toward your ideas, just not your behavior. Put me on the jury, and I can prove to you I can discuss in a mature and intelligent manner anything you throw on the table, so long as it stays subjective to that topic and is related to geocaching.

Results of what?

Trial for what?

You have been warned 9 times because you cannot follow the guidelines. You were warned in the last topic of yours that had to be closed for a very specific, clearly defined reason. You did exactly the same thing that you were warned about again in less than 24 hours and the topic was closed. Even if there is some sort of "trial", you have shown that you won't abide by the decision anyway. Your past actions show that fact clearly, and you have demonstrated that over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...

Edited by mtn-man
Please don't apply if you are not an open minded and fair person.

OH YEAH...... The case is about GEOCACHES. LOL

Results of what?

Trial for what?

You have been warned 9 times because you cannot follow the guidelines. You were warned in the last topic of yours that had to be closed for a very specific, clearly defined reason. You did exactly the same thing that you were warned about again in less than 24 hours and the topic was closed. Even if there is some sort of "trial", you have shown that you won't abide by the decision anyway. Your past actions show that fact clearly, and you have demonstrated that over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...

Mtn-man,

I haven't even stated my case yet. It has to with my hidden caches. My behavior and the forums have nothing to do with this. :lol:

D

Upinyachit,

Could you clearly and concisly explain exactly what the problem is? I have been unable to figure out what you're talking about in any of your posts. I don't get the veiled references and inuendo. Please state what "wrongs" you feel are being done against you and give examples.

Because I (and I'm guessing a lot of other people based on some of the forum posts) have no clue what you're talking about.

southdeltan

I've been caching about a year and a half, joined GC a year ago today, love the sport, dislike the nasty things some people do in it.

BUT, i gotta go with mtn-man. Bub, calm down, lighten up. If this is the most significant event in your life then you need a new hobby.

Breathe deep amidst the noise and gloom. And take what comfort you may in owning a piece thereof... You are a fluke of the universe. You have no right to be here. And whether you can hear it or not the universe is laughing behind your back.

My behavior and the forums have nothing to do with this. :lol:

D

Well, you've obviously got the idea that the approvers and moderators are slighting you in some way, so you really need to work this out with them in private, not in the forums. What exactly do you hope to gain by constantly airing your dirty laundry in public? As has been said already, it doesn't matter what the forum members have to say about whatever is allegedly going on with your caches, as they have no control over the decisions of the moderators and approvers. Coming in here again like this, hoping to win over the forum members to your favor just isn't working out. You need to settle whatever problems you have with gc.com and it's employees in private.

I haven't even stated my case yet. It has to with my hidden caches. My behavior and the forums have nothing to do with this.

They are not separate issues Duane. The situation surrounding your hidden caches is a direct result of your behavior. Feel free to explain to us how or why we should separate the two issues.

Torry said:

Breathe deep amidst the noise and gloom. And take what comfort you may in owning a piece thereof... You are a fluke of the universe. You have no right to be here. And whether you can hear it or not the universe is laughing behind your back.

A National Lampoon reference. Cool!

I too haven't a clue as to what the problem is. And, I read all your posts.

Out with it!

This is not meant as an attack at you upinyachit, but it seems you let your emotions get in the way of your typing at times. This thread has obviously been very civilized, but others have obviously not been. If you have a legit beef, which is a subject I'm still not clear on, your posts have not always helped that situation. There becomes a time when a person can lose credibility on a legit subject because of past transgressions. The tone of this thread appears to be an objective, non-emotional attempt by you to resolve your problems. I'm not sure if it will work, but keeping your cool will not hurt your cause.

More OT, I'm not sure if gc needs or should start holding "trials" to resolve problems. There's a lot of problems with sequestering the jury, jury tampering, and whether they should order Chinese or Italian. :lol:

And, I read all your posts.

Did you read my jokes back in 2002? LOL :lol:

They are not separate issues Duane. The situation surrounding your hidden caches is a direct result of your behavior. Feel free to explain to us how or why we should separate the two issues.

Hydee, If I have a cache hidden that follows the guidelines, then how is that two separate issues. And how come you always reply to me in the forums, and never my Pm's or emails?

D :lol:

Duane, one solution to the cache problem may be to start a thread in the 'northeast' forum.

If you can find some good folks back there to agree to adopt the caches in question, that should get the ball rolling on getting the TBs back in circulation.

You might also find someone willing to retrieve the caches and send them to you (you would reimburse them the shipping charges, right :lol: ). You could then rehide them if you so desire or maybe use what's in the caches as future swag.

Good luck,

John

Duane, one solution to the cache problem may be to start a thread in the 'northeast' forum.

If you can find some good folks back there to agree to adopt the caches in question, that should get the ball rolling on getting the TBs back in circulation.

You might also find someone willing to retrieve the caches and send them to you (you would reimburse them the shipping charges, right :lol: ). You could then rehide them if you so desire or maybe use what's in the caches as future swag.

Good luck,

John

That's a non-issue. Duane archived all his NY caches last month.

Duane,

You need to be specific. Exactly what cache or caches are at issue here? Please post GC numbers or links to the cache pages. If a cache has never been approved, then please still describe it and give its GC number so that the reviewers can look it up. A link to an unapproved cache would not be useful since nobody but you and the reviewers can see the cache page. You would need to summarize the contents of any such cache page.

My caches were adopted in Dec 2003, just not on this site. There's a lot to this story members don't know about.

And if you fail to tell the whole story, then you're wasting bandwidth, time, and oxygen. Spit it out, or lock the thread, Duane. This is getting nowhere fast!

Forum Status: <ORANGE>

My caches were adopted in Dec 2003, just not on this site. There's a lot to this story members don't know about.

I've read your posts here. I've read your posts at the other site. Near as I can figure you archived them all here and someone adopted them there. So whats the problem? Do you want them unarchived here? If that is the case wouldn't it be up to the person that adopted them to ask for that? Or for that person to submit them as new caches?

Then again like many of the people in this thread have posted I may not have a clue whats going on.

After making the comment "If I get banned or suspended from this site, I can guarantee there is going to be consequences to pay", why would you expect anyone to even care???

I was just reading through some other posts of upinyachit's. I can't believe someone would take this SO seriously! Holy cow! I would have never thought this could happen. :lol:

EDIT for spelling (don't want to get flamed)

Edited by Quadcache
And if you fail to tell the whole story, then you're wasting bandwidth, time, and oxygen. Spit it out, or lock the thread, Duane. This is getting nowhere fast!

I archived my caches before I read Hydee's pm. Now they won't let an adoption take place with four caches in New York. They also won't list one of my caches because they say a cacher is working on a puzzle cache less then 528 feet from my cache. The puzzle cache isn't even listed and my cache just sits. In New York

they approved a cache called We $hit You not. Two years later in Co, they won't approve the same cache out here because of the name. I archived Upinyachit's vacation cache and placed a different one in the same spot. They didn't approve it because it was to close to a virtual cache. I can go on and on and on.

D

I don't want to get suspended and I can't seem to find any open minded jurors

I should shut this down........... :lol:

Just remember. People go read your past posts and the evidence convicts you. I don't even know and have never talked to you in anyway but after reading a bunch of your threads I think you got what you deserved.

I am not being mean spirited and not trying to insult you with this post but I honestly think that you have a hard time getting along with people that don't share your exact point of view.

Sorry if you don't like my IMPARTIAL opinion. Well, it was impartial.

Good luck.

Now they won't let an adoption take place with four caches in New York.

Need more specific evidence.

They also won't list one of my caches because they say a cacher is working on a puzzle cache less then 528 feet from my cache. The puzzle cache isn't even listed and my cache just sits.

Guilty. The way I understand it is if one cache is placed within .10 of another cache, it will not be approved. I could be wrong on this though.

In New York they approved a cache called We $hit You not. Two years later in Co, they won't approve the same cache out here because of the name.

Guilty. I don't think the first cache should have been approved because of the name and I don't think the second should be either. We have kids that read this site, ya know?

I archived Upinyachit's vacation cache and placed a different one in the same spot. They didn't approve it because it was to close to a virtual cache.

Guilty. You snooze, you lose. See sentencing #2 above.

:lol:

Just remember. People go read your past posts and the evidence convicts you. I don't even know and have never talked to you in anyway but after reading a bunch of your threads I think you got what you deserved.

Jeremy told me a while ago, because of my name I have my work cut out for me.

Does the 1000 different logs from all my hidden caches account for anything. It's kinda like, I can build 100 houses that are perfect. But If I mess one up, people will always remember that one.

In the case of "Working on a cache" blocking an approvable cache in place I have a split decision.

If working on it means there is no cache page, no cache placed, but someone is aware of an idea in the vicinity. The 'working on it' cache should lose. In the past this site has honored the cache placed first in spite of any better argument the 'working on it cache' had.

However if the 'working on it' cache is placed and there is a cache page in the approval que being tweaked on, then this site shold honor that cache and the cache was archived needs to remain archived if it is not worth an exception to the 0.1 mile rule.

Worthy of an exception to the 0.1 mile rule is another deal entirely.

Jeremy told me a while ago, because of my name I have my work cut out for me.

Does the 1000 different logs from all my hidden caches account for anything. It's kinda like, I can build 100 houses that are perfect. But If I mess one up, people will always remember that one.

Not to sound mean, but if it were one house, and then you built 100 more nice ones, people would forget. In your case, for every nice house you build here, you build 4 that are a pieceofchit.

Now they won't let an adoption take place with four caches  in New York. 

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...ndpost&p=873335

Duane,

Your caches were archived by you. You were told at the time that they would not be unarchived if you were to make that choice.

To quote myself

Archiving your caches on Geocaching.com is within the power of the cache owner, you may choose to archive them for any reason. Cache Owners are unable to unarchive their caches. I do not expect my volunteers to assist a geocacher with unarchiving caches they archived in a temper tantrum. So please do not expect to see them unarchived if that is your choice.

You chose to ignore that and now you feel we are being unreasonable.

(Edit, needed an @ symbol!)

Edited by mtn-man

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...ndpost&p=873335

Duane,

Your caches were archived by you. You were told at the time that they would not be unarchived if you were to make that choice.

To quote myself

Archiving your caches on Geocaching.com is within the power of the cache owner, you may choose to archive them for any reason. Cache Owners are unable to unarchive their caches. I do not expect my volunteers to assist a geocacher with unarchiving caches they archived in a temper tantrum. So please do not expect to see them unarchived if that is your choice.

You chose to ignore that and now you feel we are being unreasonable.

(Edit, needed a comma!)

In light of mtn-mans quote from a previous conversation you two had, I find you GUILTY on all four counts. He warned you and you still archived them anyway.

They also won't list one of my caches because they say a cacher is working on a puzzle cache less then 528 feet from my cache.  The puzzle cache isn't even listed and my cache just sits. 

Guilty. The way I understand it is if one cache is placed within .10 of another cache, it will not be approved. I could be wrong on this though.

In New York they approved a cache called We $hit You not.  Two years later in Co, they won't approve the same cache out here because of the name. 

Guilty. I don't think the first cache should have been approved because of the name and I don't think the second should be either. We have kids that read this site, ya know?

I archived Upinyachit's vacation cache and placed a different one in the same spot. They didn't approve it because it was to close to a virtual cache.

Guilty. You snooze, you lose. See sentencing #2 above.

Well put. And might I add:

In New York

they approved a cache called We $hit You not. Two years later in Co, they won't approve the same cache out here because of the name.

Why not change the name of that cache to something less offensive and quit trying to push the envelope? And apparently you're the only one who thinks your username is amusing and acceptible on a family oriented site.