Type Of Cache Area

Shortleaf

I would like to see an option on cache pages to search for only caches of a certain difficulty. Or also a way to rate the landscape scenery of a cache. Personally I only like to find caches that are in natural areas with cool scenery. In fact I normally don't take or leave anything, I just like seeing new places. I would like to be able to filter out all the caches that are in city parks or urban areas in general, Call it a "nature/scenery factor"!

Edited by Nvisage
I would like to see an option on cache pages to aearch for only caches of a certain difficulty. Or also a way to rate the landscape scenery of a cache. Personally I only like to find caches that are in natural areas with cool scenery. In fact I normally don't take or leave anything, I just like seeing new places.

The 1st part you can do by becoming a premium member and using the queries.

The second part is impossible to add.

Your idea of cool landscape is probably totally different then my idea of cool landscape.

The easiest way to limit your search to cool locations is to use a desktop map program such as National Geographic Topo.

By importing the waypoints you can look at the locations on the topo map for each cache. That will give you a general idea if the cache is off the beaten path. The cool ones you seem to like would be. Your knowledge of the general terrain of the area would help.

Oh, boy....that makes my head hurt! I think Smurf-boy must've gotten into my medicine cabinet when he wrote that! :lol::lol:

BOT: I've been searching for ways to see landscape near potential cache hunts, and I'm glad I read this thread! Gave me some good ideas to tinker with. Unfortunately, Saxman's idea isn't one of them. :lol: