New Pq Idea

Nurse Dave

I know there are other more complicated ways to do this, but Jeremy could make it very easy.

I know my PQs over lap, but I have no idea by how much or how big an area I need to get when I do one for a new city to include all the caches in that city. So if I could display my PQ inclusion area on a gc.com map that would do that trick. Would it be a major pain to include that feature on the PQ page? Be able to look at a map and toggle on and off the outline of PQs?

I use to have quite a few overlapping PQ's setup to pull down the Caches in the western half of Washington State. Then I took a suggestion of a local approver.

Use Date Hidden instead of Location to determine which caches go in each PQ and select the entire state for download. Adjust the dates until you get just under 500 in each PQ.

By doing this, I took the 10 PQ's that use to give me the western half of the state and pared it down to 8 that give me the ENTIRE state.

The older ones don't have to run everyday since.... hey.... they are old and probably don't change a lot. Once a week or even less is good for these.

The newer ones can run a couple times a week, and the newest one every day.

What would be great to add to this would be a PQ that only downloaded caches that have had activity in the past few days.

Not really what I was asking. I want a PQ of one city and one of another say 15 miles down the road without a lot of overlap because my palm is getting pretty full. I just want to be able to see the boarder of each so I can only make it as big as I need without missing any.

And be able to do this if I'm going to a city far away and only want caches in a certain area.

Edited by Nurse Dave

I believe changing the cache limit from 500 to 1000 would help in cases like this too. You may be able to get the coverage your looking for in 1 P.Q., and not have to worry about overlap. This is something I hope Jeremy changes in the near future. This change would simplify my P.Q.'s in the cache dense area I live in.

Come on Jeremy, this would be a good update for P.Q.'s. Don't make me beg.

Heck, it's been a year and I'm still looking for the ability to get just the caches that have changed in any way. We can get a cache if its discription changed in the past 7 days or if it's been found in the last 7 seven days, but not simply logged in the past 7 days. DNFs and notes are significant.

I know there are other more complicated ways to do this, but Jeremy could make it very easy.

I know my PQs over lap, but I have no idea by how much or how big an area I need to get when I do one for a new city to include all the caches in that city.  So if I could display my PQ inclusion area on a gc.com map that would do that trick.  Would it be a major pain to include that feature on the PQ page?  Be able to look at a map and toggle on and off the outline of PQs?

Boulter already knows how to do this, because he does it on his coordinate grabber page. Maybe if you ask him nice....

--Marky

You would have to download a PQ and then import it to that program and see what caches are included and then go back to your PQ and adjust it. I'm saying if it showed on a GC.com map you could just adjust it right there and know what you're getting in the first place.

You would have to download a PQ and then import it to that program and see what caches are included and then go back to your PQ and adjust it. I'm saying if it showed on a GC.com map you could just adjust it right there and know what you're getting in the first place.

If your concern is not overlapping (based on your third post in this thread), you could set the two circles and use the map to adjust to the proper size so that they just meet, but don't overlap. This could be done with a blank map, without any waypoints imported. The coordinates of the center are very simple to determine so you could set up your PQs with them as the center.

If you're querying both cities anyway, how important is it the one on the outer edge be included with "City A" rather than "City B"?