New Garmin 60cs Is Here.....

Well, it is here. And the one spec they never tell you, one that I use a lot, is not as good as the VISTA. I am disappointed! :D

Uploading a tracklog seems to be limited to 500 trackpoints. After that, the tracklog is trunucated, and you get a warning message.

The VISTA had 750 trackpoints. B)

Has anyone else noticed this? I hope Garmin will bump it up to 750 or even 1000 in a future version of the firmware. :D

In MapSource (and probably other programs as well) you can reduce the number of points in a tracklog easily.

Open the tracklog properties.

At the top of the Track Properties window, click "Filter..."

Select "Maximum Points" and enter 500 in the box.

Click OK a couple of times.

Repeat as needed for other tracks.

Now you can upload them to your GPS.

Well, it is here. And the one spec they never tell you, one that I use a lot, is not as good as the VISTA. I am disappointed! :D

Uploading a tracklog seems to be limited to 500 trackpoints. After that, the tracklog is trunucated, and you get a warning message.

The VISTA had 750 trackpoints. B)

Has anyone else noticed this? I hope Garmin will bump it up to 750 or even 1000 in a future version of the firmware. :D

The 76S had 750 points also. My saved tracks have to be cut back also. If the 60cs does it while loading it takes all from one place,which is bad.

I hope also Garmin does something. They must do it to give somewhere else.

Like I said I would rather not have games and some other things and have better gps funtions.

Well, it is here.  And the one spec they never tell you, one that I use a lot, is not as good as the VISTA.  I am disappointed!  :D

Uploading a tracklog seems to be limited to 500 trackpoints. 

Disappointment? I don't know. Garmin cleary stated in their specs:

Tracks: 10,000-point automatic track log; 20 saved tracks, 500 points each, let you retrace your path in both directions.

See complete specs at:

Garmin 60cs Specs

Now you have 20 tracks with 500 points each to come up to 10,000 trackpoints. With the Vista or 76s you were able to load 10 tracks with 750 = 7,500 trackpoints only. By the way 750 points per track for the Vista and 76s came with advanced software updates.

Tracks can be easily copied, edited and splitted within MapSource.

I agree that I would prefer to have 750 points per track, but I couldn't say that I didn't know before I bought my 60cs.

The only thing I dislike about the tracks is that the Tracback function did get more complicated. With the 76s I just selected Tracback and was asked: Original or Reverse. While riding my bicycle, using one hand and within 2 seconds I was able to follow my track. My tracks could be 100 or Miles long.

Now I have to use the Rocker key to move the Panning Arrow, Zoom Out, Zoom In and try to hit the point on the map that I want to navigate to. Way to complicated while riding the bike.

I prefer to have an option to use the Tracback function the new or the old way.

Well, it is here.  And the one spec they never tell you, one that I use a lot, is not as good as the VISTA.  I am disappointed!  :lol:

Uploading a tracklog seems to be limited to 500 trackpoints. 

Disappointment? I don't know. Garmin cleary stated in their specs:

Tracks: 10,000-point automatic track log; 20 saved tracks, 500 points each, let you retrace your path in both directions.

See complete specs at:

Garmin 60cs Specs

Now you have 20 tracks with 500 points each to come up to 10,000 trackpoints. With the Vista or 76s you were able to load 10 tracks with 750 = 7,500 trackpoints only. By the way 750 points per track for the Vista and 76s came with advanced software updates.

Tracks can be easily copied, edited and splitted within MapSource.

I agree that I would prefer to have 750 points per track, but I couldn't say that I didn't know before I bought my 60cs.

The only thing I dislike about the tracks is that the Tracback function did get more complicated. With the 76s I just selected Tracback and was asked: Original or Reverse. While riding my bicycle, using one hand and within 2 seconds I was able to follow my track. My tracks could be 100 or Miles long.

Now I have to use the Rocker key to move the Panning Arrow, Zoom Out, Zoom In and try to hit the point on the map that I want to navigate to. Way to complicated while riding the bike.

I prefer to have an option to use the Tracback function the new or the old way.

I took it because of the color screen only. I have a 76S also. But I would rather have 10 tracks with 750 points then the 20 and 500. I could always load another ten via usb. I can't imagine in what case someone would have 20 in the unit at once. Differnt strokes for different folks I guess.

I could never get the 76S to make a saved track of 750 points anyway. It would always fall short.

I tried also in Mapsoursce to make them close to the 750 but with no luck. No matter what I set the filter options too.

I haven't tried yet with the 60cs.

I will try again to make some of my active logs to saved tracks of 500 in Mapsource.