Lots Of Caches In One Parking Spot

Lazyboy & Mitey Mite

Down here in the Rogue Valley we have a couple of prominent landmarks referred to as Lower Table Rocks and Upper Table Rocks. At this time of the year the wildflowers are amazing. From each of the table rocks I've placed a cache thats page lists all the available caches along the trails. Walk Around This Table Prequel lists all the caches available on Lower Table Rock (14) and Walk Around The Table Prequel lists all of the available caches (9) on Upper Table Rock. Hot links of course :D

Plenty of value in these days of high gas prices. A person could do all 23 caches in a day if they were good hikers. The parking areas are only a couple of miles apart. Great challenge.

I do want to get into Oregon for caching soon, so I'll note them. Looks like a fun time.

I only like going into Oregon as far as a half a tank will take me, though. I may have to bite the bullet to get to some quality OR caches. (I despise the thought of state enforced private jobs program. The first time I was in OR, I had no idea that I couldn't pump my own gas and man did I hear about it. You really need a sign at the border or something. :D )

EDIT: "note" not "not."

Edited by Bull Moose
Down here in the Rogue Valley we have a couple of prominent landmarks referred to as Lower Table Rocks and Upper Table Rocks. At this time of the year the wildflowers are amazing. From each of the table rocks I've placed a cache thats page lists all the available caches along the trails. Walk Around This Table Prequel lists all the caches available on Lower Table Rock (14) and Walk Around The Table Prequel lists all of the available caches (9) on Upper Table Rock. Hot links of course :D

Plenty of value in these days of high gas prices. A person could do all 23 caches in a day if they were good hikers. The parking areas are only a couple of miles apart. Great challenge.

That's what I need man...over 20 caches and one parking. I will try to stopy by on my way down to the REdwoods later this summer.

if it isn't raining (hard) and I don't have to work (I hope I get out of it) then I will go and get the 12 on lower table rock that I haven't got. Still 3 on upper table rock I don't have either... it could be a 15 cache day if it is nice enough.

Jason Bufford is coming over in a couple of days and he's doing both Table Rocks. He has none on either yet.

The views from up there are always great but right now the wildflowers are putting on an amazing show. We've had a great spring with rainfall and sunshine so it's spectatular right now.

But at least the gas finally got over 2 bucks a gallon.

FINALLY?!? Are you out of your mind?

Mind?????

You have got my attention. It just might be worth it to travel 4 hours and a tank of gas at $2 per for that many caches. I can imagine that the flower display is quite spectacular and I, even tho I lived in the area years ago, I have yet to climb those tables.

The numbers are fairly easy to pad in the general area anyhow and without working too hard. The Table Rocks are worth the trip even if there were only a couple of caches up there.

Plenty of value in these days of high gas prices. A person could do all 23 caches in a day if they were good hikers.

Adjusted for inflation gas is still really cheap. Less than it was 50 years ago, in fact. Speaking of inflation, 23 caches in a relatively small area seems a bit over the top. A couple of multi-stage hunts would have been nice.

Table Rock is a neat spot but there sure is a lot of poison oak. :P If I lived in that area I would probably spend a lot of time there.

I had to work Saturday or I would have went up with Iseek... and if I had I would have missed the two new ones. No work for me this Saturday, so I should have no excuses.

I spent yesterday on the windy, raining Oregon coast at Brookings and only got 8 finds... and totally soaked.

Aaah multi stage hunts.  Why?  What's the point?  You enjoy going to several locations to get one find?  Most of us around here do not.  The exact same thing can be accomplished with several caches.

:huh: Not the same thing at all! Multis can be more interesting because they unfold before you and you don't know where they are going. They can be more challenging when they incorporate various navigation skills. They can be more satisfying because they require commitment and working through the hunt. Many of my favorite caches are multi-stage. Don't be so lazy, boy! :(

I'm only as lazy as the locals. Put up a multi in the Rogue Valley sometime. Watch it die a slow lonely death :D

I have only done a few. Honestly I don't care for them. I don't like going to a rivers edge only to discover that I now have to drive to the other side which might take an hour. It's frustrating for me so I don't bother. There are some aspects of caching I can't stand. Puzzle caches are another type I dislike. If you guys enjoy that stuff then more power to you. If caching involved only multis and puzzles I wouldn't own a gps ;)

Good thing there's choices isn't there? :D

Ok, I wimped out after the 14 on Lower Table Rock but I still had a blast. I really wanted to keep going but my fellow cacher was clucking about being tired. Or maybe it was me whining, I'm easily confused. I'm afraid one of those lame micros may have fallen out of my pack along the way though. As far as poison oak goes, not a problem, I never saw any of it. However, inspite of cool weather and a few sprinkles of rain I somehow ended up with a heat rash on my forearm. My cache grabbing arm. Do heat rashes itch a lot? Poison oak does have dull blue leaves in clusters of 6 doesn't it?

Those little 3 leafed plants are why I allways wash my arms, hands, and legs with alchohol when I get home. Plus if you have a lot of scratches and stuff it gives a nice "cool" sensation... or is that a burning sensation... :(

Is it Saturday yet? I have a lot of caches to find... and a picture to take of a lonely chess player

...and then pick one and lay it under your tongue.

You'll feel better in the morning.

We actually knew a fellow who believed the story that you can build up immunity to poison oak by eating a small piece of it. He was sorry at both ends! happy49.gif

There are all sorts out there. I only hope I can pass this wisdom on to others before I die.

Is it Saturday yet? I have a lot of caches to find... and a picture to take of a lonely chess player

I need to do that one too. I can't find the recharger to my stupid digital. Wife says it's my fault. I'm sure she's correct. I'd go with you but I have to dive saturday morning.

Thank you for your sage advice omniscient one. Since I have a patch of heat rash breaking out on my non caching arm now I better grab a big handful of heat rash leaves. I'm fairly sure it's the non fatal strain of heat rash and I know I had a great time getting it so it's a fair trade off. I know darn well it was the "Ol' Flat Top" cache I overheated on. I saw the leaves, I saw the cache and just couldn't resist. A stick with a hook on the end would have been the ticket. Will I live and learn? Heck no, what's the fun in that. I'll see the leaves, I'll see the cache and I'll do it again, I'm predictable. :(

Thank you for your sage advice omniscient one. Since I have a patch of heat rash breaking out on my non caching arm now I better grab a big handful of heat rash leaves. I'm fairly sure it's the non fatal strain of heat rash and I know I had a great time getting it so it's a fair trade off. I know darn well it was the "Ol' Flat Top" cache I overheated on. I saw the leaves, I saw the cache and just couldn't resist. A stick with a hook on the end would have been the ticket. Will I live and learn? Heck no, what's the fun in that. I'll see the leaves, I'll see the cache and I'll do it again, I'm predictable. :(

Yeah that Ol Flat Top is covered in heat leaves for sure. Too bad you didn't stick a handful of them in yours shorts. It would prevent heat rash for life.

And what makes you think I didn't stick a handful in my shorts? The swelling, the bumps......FiFi would love me. Ok, I didn't but then again I did have to use the facilities a time or two while I was wandering around so the worst may not be over yet. I'm sure if it breaks out in any unmentionable places and I tell you it'll remain our little secret. You're not the type that would ever tease me at length in large groups are you? :(

I did have to use the facilities a time or two while I was wandering around so the worst may not be over yet.

Ok, the worst wasn't over yet....need I say more? I'm trying to recall at exactly what point I rolled around naked in a patch of heat rash leaves. It's the only explanation I can think of. :D I still stand by my (itch) earlier statement (scratch) that I had a lot of fun (rub against chair) and it was worth it.

I still stand by my (itch) earlier statement (scratch) that I had a lot of fun (rub against chair) and it was worth it.

I just hope that for all this trouble you left a wooden nickel up there for me to find. There is an empty spot in my collection just waiting for that nickel.

I did have to use the facilities a time or two while I was wandering around so the worst may not be over yet.

Ok, the worst wasn't over yet....need I say more? I'm trying to recall at exactly what point I rolled around naked in a patch of heat rash leaves. It's the only explanation I can think of. :D I still stand by my (itch) earlier statement (scratch) that I had a lot of fun (rub against chair) and it was worth it.

Ya just bring a smile to my face :rolleyes:

Thought I'd mention that 3 days after I made the journey up the mountain I am still poison oak free. All very fun caches... only one of them gave me problems... just as a hint for everyone else it is burried under a million rocks in a poison oak patch (ok one big rock)... Took me some 3 hours of searching to spot it... I used curse words I didn't even think I knew to describe Lazyboy and Rooster at that moment. While turning over other rocks I discovered a lizard, a snail, ants, and some sort of fungus... lucky no rattle snakes. Plenty of nice wildflowers to look at, lots of black lizards, one deer, and two planes landed up there to my surprise (airstrip was closed in 1990 so I don't know if it was legal or not)

Edit: I forgot to mention the birds... Peanuthead would be upset if I forgot to mention the many birds to enjoy... I tried to take a picture of this cute little white and brown bird... no clue what kind he was but he sat and posed until I tried to snap a picture :)

Edited by blazerfan

I tried to take a picture of this cute little white and brown bird... no clue what kind he was but he sat and posed until I tried to snap a picture  :D

I know exactly what kind of bird that is. It's a pullus fimus. This area is lousy with 'em. Don't thank me, I'm just happy to be able to share my vast knowledge with others less learned than myself. :D

I tried to take a picture of this cute little white and brown bird... no clue what kind he was but he sat and posed until I tried to snap a picture  :D

I know exactly what kind of bird that is. It's a pullus fimus. This area is lousy with 'em. Don't thank me, I'm just happy to be able to share my vast knowledge with others less learned than myself. :D

Oh give me a break. You're making stuff up.

Phase 1: Collect Underpants, Phase 2: ???, Phase 3: Profit

If I'm not mistaken there is a profit to be made on underpants on ebay. Once again I'm sharing my vast knowledge. :D

hahaha... you are right there is big money to be made in the underpant business. I once tried to get my friend Jenny to join me in the business... the idea being I take a picture of her in the underpants and then we'd sell them :D

Sadly she wasn't into the whole idea :)

To keep this on the geocaching topic I asked Jenny if she'd like to go up table rock last weekend... she couldn't go :D but she told me I'd be eatin' her dust on the way up if she could :). I took this as a challenge and now I am looking for a nice hard cache that requires a lot of hiking (preferably uphill) around the Portland area... I might be fat and out of shape... but I ain't letting her get by with that. I am going to start training now :D