How To Tell Geacaching.com I Moved A Bug...

GweeDo767

When you write your online log to the cache you planted the TB in, at the bottom of the screen is a list of TB's in your possesion. Just select the TB from the list and when you submit the log, the TB will automatically be removed from your inventory and be listed on the cache page.

If you have already logged the cache, but not the bug, go back to the cache page and log a NOTE (e.g., "Forgot to drop bug xyz in my find log...") and select the bug from the drop-down list as WH wrote.

Edited to add xyz

Edited by brad.32
If you have already logged the cache, but not the bug, go back to the cache page and log a NOTE (e.g., "Forgot to drop bug xyz in my find log...") and select the bug from the drop-down list as WH wrote.

Edited to add xyz

Or you can EDIT your existing log, to add the bug dropoff. This saves a notice going out to the owner and the entire watchlist. And, for those who use pocket queries and only receive the last five logs, it's frustrating if a couple of those logs say "just dropping off and picking up my personal Travel Bug."

Or you can EDIT your existing log, to add the bug dropoff. This saves a notice going out to the owner and the entire watchlist. And, for those who use pocket queries and only receive the last five logs, it's frustrating if a couple of those logs say "just dropping off and picking up my personal Travel Bug."

When you edit an existing log, the drop down menu with the list of TB's in your inventory isnt there. Unless Im missing something, the only way to drop off a bug is with a brand new note.

Wow, WH is correct. I think I was harkening back to a prior site design.

This site really needs to get rid of the forum moderators who have no freakin' clue what they're talking about. Or at least the forum moderators should stick with the forums they are assigned to. I will tiptoe out of this forum and leave it in the ever-capable hands of Honeychile.