Holding Caches And Tb's For Ransom

I think some members here at GC have a lot of animosity towards me. Unless a simple explanation is to why my caches in New York have been ignored. I have sent several emails and pm's to Hydee, the approvers, and Jeremy, and nothing has been done. GC6B5E and GC4DEO have been adopted byCenobite07.

GC9FA3 and GC9FA3 have been adopted by Ourwoods. GC7FAD has been replaced with GCJ5KA. I think these are fair requests and should be met without complications. Go ahead and do the homework, and you might come up with the same conclusion. I am getting so amused by you people, it's not even funny.

D :D

Edited by upinyachit

I honestly don't know WTF he's talking about.

All Duane's caches in NY seem to be archived, so what is there to adopt?

As I read this, he's gonna kidnap caches and TBs unless Groundspeak lets someone adopt caches that aren't there?

Duane, maybe you need to move back to NY. The lack of oxygen up there in the Rocky Mountains is showing.

Edited by Mopar
Unless a simple explanation is to why my caches in New York have been ignored.

Ok, I honestly tried to understand that, grammar notwithstanding... My own grammar is horrible, I admit it. But even *I* cannot understand what you are saying here... "Unless a simple explanation....ignored."<-Period. Where is the other half of that sentence - the one that completes the thought?

In more important news, I am eating a swiss & roast beef sub, and it's.

Edited by New England n00b

Duane,

Your caches were archived by you. You were told at the time that they would not be unarchived if you were to make that choice.

To quote myself

Archiving your caches on Geocaching.com is within the power of the cache owner, you may choose to archive them for any reason. Cache Owners are unable to unarchive their caches. I do not expect my volunteers to assist a geocacher with unarchiving caches they archived in a temper tantrum. So please do not expect to see them unarchived if that is your choice.

You chose to ignore that and now you feel we are being unreasonable.

Duane,

Your caches were archived by you. You were told at the time that they would not be unarchived if you were to make that choice.

To quote myself

Archiving your caches on Geocaching.com is within the power of the cache owner, you may choose to archive them for any reason. Cache Owners are unable to unarchive their caches. I do not expect my volunteers to assist a geocacher with unarchiving caches they archived in a temper tantrum. So please do not expect to see them unarchived if that is your choice.

You chose to ignore that and now you feel we are being unreasonable.

Ooh! Layin' the smack down! you go, girl! :D

hey, my popcorn's ready... :D

Let's talk about the whole truth Hydee. I didn't get that PM until after my suspension was up. I sent several emails and pm that you ignored until now.

That is kinda Ironic to me. :D So even though four of them have TB in them, you won't unarchived them. They are well established caches too. That's poopie and you know it.

The point seems to be they are archived.

You archived them. You've been around long enough to know you cant unarchive them yourself. It sounds like you're the one who left the caches sitting there, creating litter, and stranding the TBs. Perhaps some of the people who you say are willing to adopt the caches can go and retieve the archived remains?

Edited by Mopar
Mopar?

You are the donut shop master. You always have something to say. Why don't you smile like a donut, it does the body great? LOL

:D:D:D

Thanks!

On top of that, I've actually gone caching almost as many times as you've geo-suicided.

It isn't a test. It is called communication... If you can't speak or write clearly enough to be understood, noone is gonna have a clue what your point is. 

I think everyone got the point, but you. You are just trying to put me down, to make yourself feel better. And you are trying to make a geocaching friend. LOL

:D

Huh?

Why did you archive all you caches until 3 April? How about a little rational context and a little less mindless ranting. Clearly state your position and problem in a logical fashion.

I honestly don't know WTF he's talking about.

All Duane's caches in NY seem to be archived, so what is there to adopt?

As I read this, he's gonna kidnap caches and TBs unless Groundspeak lets someone adopt caches that aren't there?

Duane, maybe you need to move back to NY. The lack of oxygen up there in the Rocky Mountains is showing.

End of that.

Are you still looking for a date on them hiking trails?

You're crossing a line that I wouldn't cross if I were you. Don't say I didn't warn you.

He's not been banned. Evidently he's well behaved enough to play the game on this site by this sites rules and standards.

Temper tantrum or not, given that he's not been banned, he is entitled to the same rules, regs and treatment we all are. Even if it means unarchiving caches while swallowing bile.

As a user I have an expectation that this site, it's admins, and volunteers are more professional than holding a grudge. The truth is I have not been disappointed in my expectations. However I don’t like the alternate. The alternate is that there is now a rule about unarchiving if you archived your cache in a snit or what this site see's as a snit.

PS: upinyachit, now would be a good time to refrain from posting, you are not making the case I just made, sound reasonable. Your job is to put on your suit and tie or at least the forum equivilent and be respectable even when you disagree violently.

Just my 2 cents worth, but I think you have only yourself to blame for stranding those TB's. Maybe if you would think before you act, you may get further......but, then again.............probably not!!!! :D

But they are not stranded....he could very well send them on there way by placing them in other caches.....but I am willing to bet he will not do that. Like I said earlier......he does not give a ratz hinney about others.

I'm just trying to make sure I have the play by play.

1) upinyachit had caches in New York.

2) upinyachit archived those caches.

3) upinyachit now lives far away from those caches.

4) upinyachit wants those caches unarchived.

5) the physical caches are still in place and may contain travel bugs

Am I on track here or completely lost?

6) someone else will be adopting these caches

7) these caches, if adopted, will be under new ownership?

8) upinyachit is requesting the adoptions, not the new owner?

I feel like I'm really lost here.

9) To accomplish this upinyachit is making accusations against the admins

10) He is also actively threatening other caches and other travel bugs

Ok. I'll admit it. I'm completely lost. This doesn't even begin to make sense to me.

OK folks, back off of the personal attacks and please discuss the topic only. I think hydee has said all there is to say regarding the question that has been presented by the topic starter. If you want to continue the discussion, please do it in a manner that is grounded in the forum guidelines.

OK folks, back off of the personal attacks and please discuss the topic only. I think hydee has said all there is to say regarding the question that has been presented by the topic starter. If you want to continue the discussion, please do it in a manner that is grounded in the forum guidelines.

Ummmm....not to be a jerk about this, but why isn't the topic starter being held to the guidelines? :D

If Duane's caches are still in place then someone should go grab them. Since they're not active they are geo-trash, plus there are TBs in them that need to move along.

or...

If those caches are going to be adopted by the people mentioned then those people should check on the cache and submit a new cache page. Sounds like a pretty simple solution to me. Am I missing something? Why are we even discussing this?

If Duane's caches are still in place then someone should go grab them. Since they're not active they are geo-trash, plus there are TBs in them that need to move along.

or...

If those caches are going to be adopted by the people mentioned then those people should check on the cache and submit a new cache page. Sounds like a pretty simple solution to me. Am I missing something? Why are we even discussing this?

The TB's can be rescued at any time by locals and probably should be.

As for geotrash... If he's trying to bring them back or adopt them out, or they are listed on Navicache or any other site they aren't trash, or wouldn't be once the adoptions etc. are taken care of. Plus before a local picked them up he should have the opportinity to grab them himself. Just to be fair.

or...

The TB's can be rescued at any time by locals and probably should be.

As for geotrash... If he's trying to bring them back or adopt them out, or they are listed on Navicache or any other site they aren't trash, or wouldn't be once the adoptions etc. are taken care of. Plus before a local picked them up he should have the opportunity to grab them himself. Just to be fair.

I didn't realize they were listed on another site. That's even more of a reason this topic is pointless. Why are we discussing Navicache caches at GC.com? I said they were trash because they were archived and the cache owner is now in Colorado. Therefore there are 2 options, like I said either adopt and/or hide new ones or trash them out. Don't get me wrong if Duane is truly being mistreated here like he says then he's got a legit complaint. However, He consistently goes about it the wrong way and instead of people wanting to back him up people are going against him. You'd think after this happens time and time again he would recognize this trend and try a different approach. When you start a topic that says "Holding Caches And TB's For Ransom, Until my demands are met..." you are not going to get a positive response from anyone. I read that the same way others did and I'm still not sure how it was meant. Is he going to steal caches and TBs? Or does he mean HIS caches and TBs are being held for ransom?

Edited by JMBella
However, He consistently goes about it the wrong way and instead of people wanting to back him up people are going against him.  You'd think after this happens time and time again he would recognize this trend and try a different approach.

I suspect he is unable to. His personal communication style is what you see here. That is not something that can be changed without effort.

GPSKitty

Edited by GPSKitty