Watch Lists....

63 watching this one and the others in the series are (in order): 44, 42, 40, 37, 45, 43, 39, 45, 62 and 37.

However, I don't think you can judge a cache's popularity solely on the number of people watching it. I have some crappy caches in my area that have four or five people watching, and what I consider one of the best caches in the area only has two. The number of watchers also is indicitive of how long the cache has been around. Consider that there are probably accounts watching these high-number-watch-list caches where the accounts are all but closed out (people have abandoned the website and never check back in or cache).

I'm new to geocaching and I was just wondering what the main point of watching the geocache is. Is it just because you are interested in the activity, is it to see if a travel bug shows up or is there some other reason?

Could be to see if a TB shows up, or it might be to see if there is a recent find. Some people wait for recent finds before they will look for a cache, to avoid going after a cache that may be missing.

Another is plain curiosity. Some of the more difficult caches have a lot of watchers because people are interested in hearing about the experiences of finders.

I personally watch every cache I've ever found, mostly to compare the experiences of others to mine. I like to see who had a hard time, who had an easy time and what they thought of the experience.

Edited by briansnat
I personally watch every cache I've ever found, mostly to compare the experiences of others to mine. I like to see who had a hard time, who had an easy time and what they thought of the experience.

You must like email! Can I send you all my spam? :( I used to do that but I found that I couldn't keep up with reading the email. I still go back once in a while though and re-look at the caches I found just to see the new logs and such. I really enjoy reading those.

I wish there was a way for the cache owner to know who is watching his/her cache. I recently placed a cache and noticed that I have 2 accounts watching the cache. I think the park manager where I placed it may have set up an account to keep tabs on it. That is fine by me, since I do not intend to abuse the cache priveledge in the park or the park in general. I just think it would be interesting to know.

Cool!

I like the responses I've gotten... I was just curious because one of mine -TubeTorcher- had 108 watching... as of yesterday...  Keep the #'s coming!!!

Just added Tube Torcher to my watchlist. I live in PA. but I may have to make a trip down just to do this cache. It sounds awsome. Nice job! :D