Option For These Missing Travel Bugs

geoguyver

Cache with missing bugs...

I was checking on a couple of my bugs and found some posts saying that my bug, and someone else's from the cache, were no longer present. There is no post from any cacher in between my dropping off my bug and the next post saying all bugs were gone.

Is my only hope for locating the person who picked up the bugs, is that they signed the physical logbook in the cache?

This is the only thing I can think of for hopefully tracking them down and wanted to see if anyone else has some good ideas. Thanks in advance!

I was checking on a couple of my bugs and found some posts saying that my bug, and someone else's from the cache, were no longer present. There is no post from any cacher in between my dropping off my bug and the next post saying all bugs were gone.

Is my only hope for locating the person who picked up the bugs, is that they signed the physical logbook in the cache?

Yes, you could ask the cache owner to check the log book or you could go back out, because you've visited the cache too, and maybe locate their GC user id if they physically logged the cache.

It's probably dead/MIA, as Snoogans indicated.

In the mean time ... please mark your bug as missing to move the bug to unknown location so other people won't expect it in that cache (or move to the TB graveyard if you prefer adding thousands of miles to the bug).

Good idea brad.32. I will do that today so no one else goes hunting for them.

Come on, Snoogans! I was kinda looking tips on tracking him down, to see if I was overlooking something. I think everyone who releases a bug knows the known risks of losing them. I appreciate the tip of cutting the umbilicol cord!