Five Finds On My First Day

EMT_Dave

Today was my first time geocaching, and I end doing five sites. Great fun, even took my 10 yr old step-grandson. Even he enjoyed it, and asked if we could to more! Next weekend.

The whole day was fun, its a great way to get to know how well your gps unit works. I have to remember that these things are not spot on in regards to your position and cache position. We spent a few times working around in cirlces with the cache just feet away from us. Its a blast. :blink::tired:

Edited by EMT_Dave

Congratulations. Sounds like you're hooked. Doesn't take long to get bitten by the caching bug. Great that it's something you can do with your grandson - a good way to exercises and talk with each other. Sounds like you've found a good hobby!!

Enjoy and welcome to the obsession hobby!

David

I'm jealous! I've just started and would love a day to do five. Seems either the weather gives out or no one can go with me. I have so far ended up doing one here, two there and one the next weekend and so on. It's a bummer for me. I'd do it all day, every day if the conditions were right.

Congrats on your first 5! Pretty fun, huh?

I plotted out five sites that were within five to ten miles of each other, this might be cheating, but when you have a few hours on a Saturday, why not. It was also the first time using a gps device. When I was right on top of the cache, my gps would say I was 10-30 ft away. DOH! I forgot person GPS are not that accurate, so it was just a matter of looking at obvious spots.

Cant wait till next weekend, I will be in Chicago, so I will be hunting out there!

I'm jealous! I've just started and would love a day to do five. Seems either the weather gives out or no one can go with me. I have so far ended up doing one here, two there and one the next weekend and so on. It's a bummer for me. I'd do it all day, every day if the conditions were right.

Congrats on your first 5! Pretty fun, huh?

Sounds like my problem too.. You should have seen how happy I was to finally get 10. lol.

Congratulations on five your first day... The guy showing me the ropes only took me to 3 the first day... His choice, not mine.

I plotted out five sites that were within five to ten miles of each other, this might be cheating, but when you have a few hours on a Saturday, why not. It was also the first time using a gps device. When I was right on top of the cache, my gps would say I was 10-30 ft away. DOH! I forgot person GPS are not that accurate, so it was just a matter of looking at obvious spots.

Cant wait till next weekend, I will be in Chicago, so I will be hunting out there!

Congrats on the GREAT FIRST DAY. Do them the best way you can and have FUN.

You'll catch on to looking for them even if your GPSr says you're right on top of if. You just have to learn the hiding technique of the cachers around your area.

The most important thing to remember is that it is NOT about the numbers; it is about HAVING FUN !!!!

Roadway57

EMT_Dave,

Boy are you quick, not only have you done 5 in one week-end, but you hid one  :rolleyes:  keep up the good work.

Roadway57

Yeah Dave! I found your first hide on Easter, right behind Mossheads. Thanks for hiding caches!

:o

Edited by Tiwica
Was it an easy find? If so I will have to be more inventive for my next cache :rolleyes:

Dave,

It was a good hide. I did not see any problem with they way you set it up or with the way you hid it. You got it right......your ratings were good to. And I did get to meet Mossheads. Thanks :o