Garmin 60cs Serial Cable?

For about $15, you can get one from Purple Computing at pfranc.com. Unfortunately the shipping is about $8 for UPS. The PFranc's are a loosely intertwined group of folks who make Garmin connectors and related parts. You can find out more about them on the Web.

I talked to a relative of one of the original pfranc's. He had his own plastic company and made a form for the connectors and then did a large run. He sold them for a little more than cost using the honor system. Since then, others have done similar things. I had one of their connectors for my Emap and now one for my 60CS although now that I am using GSAK, I hardly have any use for the serial cable.

Since GSAK can export mps files which can be read by MapSource, I download waypoints into GSAK, export to Mapsource, and then load to my GPS using the USB cable.

Team Geo-Jedi

I use topo scout a detailed maping software and ordered a gereric cable from GPS city and it did not work. I couldnt figure it out since my freinds computer and cable worked fine so he came to my house with his GARMIN cable and it worked! So I sent it back and paid another 10 bucks total of 30 bucks and got a garmin cable and it works fine. The garmin cable has a little filter or somthing on the end of it and gereric cable did not.