Getting From Here To There

papa & the bears

I am a newbie at geocaching and am finding the instructions with my 'Magellin Meridian'unit not quite answering my needs .

Question : I have entered a Waypoint at the location I am starting from . Do I now enter the coordinates given on the geocache site info into my GPS and then follow my screen ? Confused?So am I .

Thanks - egm

While I dont have your model, I have a Mag315. On it, after you make a Waypoint, you can then go back to it and "edit" it to the Coords of the geocache you want. Then use the GoTo feature to take you to the Cache. Note, when using the Goto, you must select the Waypoint you want to find. Hope this helps.

Trees

I use a garmin but the basics are about the same....Yes you need to enter the coordinates of the cache into your GPSr. Once the cooridinates are entered you select whichever option that allows you to track those coordinates (My garmin uses the GOTO option).

It's not a bad idea to create a waypoint of the location of your car before hunting a cache.

Chip

I have the Meridian Platium. You don't need to enter the waypoint from where you've started, although as mentioned it isn't a bad idea when you think there could be a chance that you'll have trouble finding your car again.

Enter the location posted on the website and then switch to whatever screen you enjoy to take you to the cache. Lots of Meridian owners use the "compass" screen but I like the one with the largest printing on it. Yep, getting old and the other screens require glasses, almost.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On