Geko 201 Waas Question

When I have WAAS turned on on my Geko 201, sometimes it works and several satellites will show a "D" over their signal strength bar on the advanced skyview page. When there are a fair numberof bars with the "D" over them the "Accuracy = _____ ft." in the top right corner of the screen turns into "DIFF = ____ ft."

I understand from the manual that the "D" over the bar means that differential correction is taking place. I don't understand (and have searched and searched for an answer) what the "DIFF = ___ ft." means.

Is it just another way to express accuracy, but show that differential correction is being utilized?

I searched the posts and couldn't find this already answered :rolleyes: . Thanks.

Edited by GeoRetep

The "D" on the sats page means that the unit has the differential data for that satellite. DIFF means that it's actually using the data to show your location. In other words, "DIFF" means that WAAS is fully "active". While WAAS may be on, if it shows "Accuracy" then WAAS hasn't got enough data to be effective in the results.