The New Fight Club.

zygote2k

chaos and havoc were not the main subject of fight club. underground organization. similar.

We aren't exactly underground. We have many contacts with state and local governments so we can educate them on what we do and why it is good to have us around (CITO, more visitors to parks, etc)

The "Fight Club" was about power and using that power to do destructive things.

I don't see how Geocaching is similar to "Fight Club"

looks like a bad trekkie convention. so sorry.

When you reach the point in your life when you meet people instead of judging them by their appearences let me know.

You might find the people around you don't suck as much as you tell yourself.

I think I am supposed to do the moderator thing in this topic. But after reading what bons just wrote, there's no way I can top that. Good, profound advice. I bow before your greatness.

What is this topic about? I have no idea if it is on-topic or off-topic. I would be grateful if the saxophones and wet cats could do the Seinfeld thing on this and turn it into a topic about something else.

I will go now. But anybody hereinafter dissing another geocacher in this thread will get to go post in the "how do I get my warn meter lowered?" topic.

What is this topic about?  I have no idea if it is on-topic or off-topic.  I would be grateful if the saxophones and wet cats could do the Seinfeld thing on this and turn it into a topic about something else.

He he. You crack me up KA. :rolleyes:

Edited by Webfoot
What is this topic about? I have no idea if it is on-topic or off-topic. I would be grateful if the saxophones and wet cats could do the Seinfeld thing on this and turn it into a topic about something else.

Aww, shucks KA. You didn't have to single me out now, did you?

Back on topic, The Fight Club guys did a good job of cleaning up their house. The same thing goes on here from time to time. Do a search for "Ringbone", "Subigo", or "PILTY" to see what I mean. :rolleyes:

I think I am supposed to do the moderator thing in this topic. But after reading what bons just wrote, there's no way I can top that. Good, profound advice. I bow before your greatness.

I will go now. But anybody hereinafter dissing another geocacher in this thread will get to go post in the "how do I get my warn meter lowered?" topic.

Ok? Do I see something you don't? Or is it just me? It looks like Bons just flamed someone and you lauded him for it.

????

I think I am supposed to do the moderator thing in this topic.  But after reading what bons just wrote, there's no way I can top that.  Good, profound advice.  I bow before your greatness.

What is this topic about?  I have no idea if it is on-topic or off-topic.  I would be grateful if the saxophones and wet cats could do the Seinfeld thing on this and turn it into a topic about something else.

I will go now.  But anybody hereinafter dissing another geocacher in this thread will get to go post in the "how do I get my warn meter lowered?" topic.

Ok? Do I see something you don't? Or is it just me? It looks like Bons just flamed someone and you lauded him for it.

????

I don't see that as a flame at all....I think it was concise, honest, and to the point. He didn't flame him, just pointed out a character flaw that needs work, and I think he did it quite well, too! :rolleyes:

If this does become a fight club thing can I start hitting people? What about the bruises? Is there a release to be filled out?

But most importantly... can I start hitting people?

Sure, you can hit me....I bruise like a peach, but have enough pain meds to counter any real damage! :rolleyes:

Or did you say "hit on people"? Never mind..... :tongue:

I just have this mental image of a room full of hike-nerds, Jeep-freaks and flannel-coated techno-vegans gathered in a circle around two retired nature buffs going at it while swinging their GPSr's by the lanyards like Mom's purse at the after-Christmas sale at Sears.

brrrrrr

I just have this mental image of a room full of hike-nerds, Jeep-freaks and flannel-coated techno-vegans gathered in a circle around two retired nature buffs going at it while swinging their GPSr's by the lanyards like Mom's purse at the after-Christmas sale at Sears.

brrrrrr

Hey, I wear a flannel. What are you trying to say?

I'm far from vegan though. I'm a carnivore. I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat veggies.

brrrrrr

Hey!! I am NOT a vegan! :rolleyes:

:D:tongue::bad::)

I think I am supposed to do the moderator thing in this topic.  But after reading what bons just wrote, there's no way I can top that.  Good, profound advice.  I bow before your greatness.

I will go now.  But anybody hereinafter dissing another geocacher in this thread will get to go post in the "how do I get my warn meter lowered?" topic.

????

I don't see that as a flame at all....I think it was concise, honest, and to the point. He didn't flame him, just pointed out a character flaw that needs work, and I think he did it quite well, too! :rolleyes:

I assume then, that he (and you) know him persoanlly so that you can make such a judgement that he has a "character flaw".

His post looked like humor to me. But to others he has an obvious "character flaw" that needs correcting. So here come the self appointed "gaurdians of character" all willing to "correct" it for him.

Didn't I see someone (Bons) write that a person should meet people instead of pre-judging them? (sorry about not using the exact quote it is currently off screen)

With that comment, didn't Bons "pre-judge" him? Isn't that what you just did?

I guess this is just a problem in MY perception. I just don't understand "flaming". It is a new concept to me. I would consider telling someone you only know casually (by what they write in a forum) that they have a "character flaw" is "flaming"- even if you just diss them "between the lines" by giving them unsolicited advice about how to fix their "character flaws".

I guess that's just my character flaw. I'll work on it.

????

I assume then, that he (and you) know him persoanlly so that you can make such a judgement that he has a "character flaw".

His post looked like humor to me. But to others he has an obvious "character flaw" that needs correcting. So here come the self appointed "gaurdians of character" all willing to "correct" it for him.

Didn't I see someone (Bons) write that a person should meet people instead of pre-judging them? (sorry about not using the exact quote it is currently off screen)

I guess this is just a problem in MY perception. I just don't understand "flaming". It is a new concept to me. I would consider telling someone you only know casually (by what they write in a forum) that they have a "character flaw" is "flaming"- even if you just diss them "between the lines" by giving them unsolicited advice about how to fix their "character flaws".

:tongue::bad::)

Ok, to be honest, I've received enough scathing emails from him to know enough about him to judge him by what I've read, and from the obscene and slanderous nature of his emails to me, I can say that bons was correct in his statements. Good enough for you? Remember, don't judge me by one post, either. :rolleyes:

????

:tongue::bad::D

More super quoting fun...

Hey everyone, lighten up !

:)

With that comment, didn't Bons "pre-judge" him?  Isn't that what you just did?

Ok, to be honest, I've received enough scathing emails from him to know enough about him to judge him by what I've read, and from the obscene and slanderous nature of his emails to me, I can say that bons was correct in his statements. Good enough for you? Remember, don't judge me by one post, either. :rolleyes:

Didn't.

Just pointing out <keyword> APPARENT </keyword> hypocricy in the posts at hand.

I'm the self appointed gaurdian of hypocracy.

Didn't.

And where are the self appointed gaurdians of SPELLING when you need them?

Is that light enough?

Didn't.

Alas, but by doing so, you judged both bons and I by inferring that neither of us know the OP well enough to judge him, when in fact I do, thereby filling your royal court with hypocracy. Am I correct?

I like the sig line Sparky.

I keep reading Bons' post and still can't see anything wrong with it.

When you reach the point in your life when you meet people instead of judging them by their appearances let me know.

Looks like a bad trekkie convention sound pretty judgmental to me. I don't think Zygote was trying to be malicious, just trying to be funny. I'll tell you what though, if I was in that picture I'd have a problem with that statement. I mean clearly the child in the middle of the photo doesn't even know what Star Trek is yet.

I guess that's just my character flaw.  I'll work on it.

Your character flaw is the inability to stick to the topic :tongue:

Things are progressing too fast i replied ? to the previous post... not quick enough.

Hmmm...I'm not sure this is the right kind of thread for you. Silly threads move very quickly, if you can't keep up, you should just watch :rolleyes:

re: the picture

well, they do look kind of nerdy.

if you're reading this, you probably do, too.

but i think the real point would be WHAT ON EARTH WOULD BE THE PROBLEM WITH THAT?!? seeing a whole buncha people all together for the purpose of common enjoyment of a wholesome entertainment warms my heart so much i might have to go rub it with some dry ice.

incidentally, yesterday afternoon i posted my nerd manifesto on my door at work. it starts off with the words:

"if you know me, you might have noticed that i'm kind of geeky. actually, that's not quite true; i'm COMPLETELY geeky. i'm a nerd."

it goes on to say that if you're also a nerd, you are welcome here. and if you're not a nerd, you're still welcome. nothing intended to harm or humiliate another person is acceptable here. i have some other things to say about it, but you get the idea.

since i work in a middle school, this has been met with four basic reactions: grownups who get teary-eyed, nerdy kids who secretly read it over and over, popular kids who are nice and read it right out loud congratulating me for having posted it, and socially insecure popular kids who hate it.

my popularity has doubled overnight.

anyway, noticing a geeky trend in the appearance of a group of people is not necessarily a criticism. the idea of being nerdy does not fill me with self-loathing.

and let's not forget that fight club is not just about power and control. it's also about serious menatl illness. and don't get me started on that topic, either, because i will whip out my license to make statements about that so fast it will make your head spin.

and let's not forget that fight club is not just about power and control. it's also about serious menatl illness. and don't get me started on that topic, either, because i will whip out my license to make statements about that so fast it will make your head spin.

oooh...excellent job of wrapping it up with an on-topic comment. I give it an 8.5 Very well done, Flask! :rolleyes:

My friend and I are actualy slowly turning geocaching into the next fight club, in our area. At certain predetermined times, people go to certain coords. Then, another group goes and tries to find them. When a "cache victim" is found, the finder attempts to beat the snot out of them. Whoever loses the fight, has to be the next "cache victim" and the winner gets to be the next find. It's a lot of fun, though we have all been going thru a number of GPS's as they are often smashed during the rumbles. :rolleyes: