New Cache Idea, What Are Your Thoughts

WEll ITs come time for me to place another cache, and I think I have come up with a neat idea. There is a local cemetary in my town, it was in fact the first cemetary in the town, I believe the last person that was buried there was early last century. Anyhoo, abutting this cemetary is a park. Now I want this to be a multi cache, and the part that I need Ideas, thoughts, reactions to is this. I want one leg of the cache to be a tombstone, one that I will make out of concrete, I plan on placing it OUTSIDE of the cemetary, in teh woods right behind it. make it look like a old tombstone that was left out when the stone wall was put up. Now to restate myself the stone with be OUTSIDE of the cemetary, Like I said a park abutts the cemetary people are allowed to enter the cemetary tho, because of its historical signifigance, there is even a letterbox in there, hidden away. What are your thoughts? Is it ethical? Thanks for the input!

-trailwalker :rolleyes:

"Having a funeral getting interupted by this guy with his kids that are upearthing material around a mysterious tombstone wouldn't be all that great."

There are no more burials in this cemetary, it filled along time ago. There are woods surrounding the whole cemetary and the cache tombstone would be off in these woods.

-Trailwalker

"Having a funeral getting interupted by this guy with his kids that are upearthing material around a mysterious tombstone wouldn't be all that great."

There are no more burials in this cemetary, it filled along time ago. There are woods surrounding the whole cemetary and the cache tombstone would be off in these woods.

-Trailwalker

Ah. Then otherwise I think it's a grand idea.

A group I am involved in and myself have placed several caches in and around graveyards/cemeteries. We do not place them so that it disturbs anyone's tombstone or anything of that matter. However, people can possibly come up on a funeral service or visitors...in those cemeteries we know has a higher chance of more funerals, we have asked permission to place them inside. In the others, usually country cemeteries, we ask them (geocachers) to respect the 'occupants' of the cemetery and if there is a funeral going on to wait until everyone is gone. In other words, use some common sense. So, if there is not a high volume of patrons, I say go for it.

Well, you have to ask permission anyway, but I say that your idea is a good one.. It's the perfect way to hide it from muggles. Plus, there's less chance of accidental damage to the real stones (you know, reading your gpsr so intently that you trip over a stone cause you're not paying attention)...

Man, I wish I'd've thought of this first!

Good idea, I like it. What about starting in the cemetary with the letterbox part of the cache and then end outside it's boundries at the fake headstone you made. That way you avoid the peoblem of having to place a cache in a cemetary and if you do the headstone right that location outside the boundries of the cemetary could be really spooky. Maybe even use reflectors so, that part of the cache can only be done at night.