Server Application Unavailable

Dan-oh

On geocaching.com, geocaching.com/my/ and related profile pages.

Anyone else?

Server Application Unavailable

The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request.

Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.

:rolleyes:

Umm...where is geocaching.com? Server maintenance? Crash?

I could not access the main site as of 12:06, Pacific Daylight Time.

I'm a Premium Member.

Thanks and warm regards from,

-[uPDATE]-

Aaaaaaand right after this post, I find it's back up. Quick thinking server gurus! :tongue:

Nice job and keep up the great work!

Sincerely,

Now im getting the following

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same. If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameters\AllowRemoteConnection.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same. If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameters\AllowRemoteConnection.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80072740): Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same. If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameters\AllowRemoteConnection.]

System.Web.SessionState.OutOfProcStateClientManager.MakeRequest(StateProtocolVerb verb, String id, StateProtocolExclusive exclusiveAccess, Int32 timeout, Int32 lockCookie, Byte[] buf, Int32 cb, Int32 networkTimeout, SessionNDMakeRequestResults& results) +512

System.Web.SessionState.OutOfProcStateClientManager.DoGet(String id, StateProtocolExclusive exclusiveAccess) +53

System.Web.SessionState.OutOfProcStateClientManager.GetExclusive(String id) +7

System.Web.SessionState.OutOfProcStateClientManager.System.Web.SessionState.IStateClientManager.BeginGetExclusive(String id, AsyncCallback cb, Object state) +6

System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.GetSessionStateItem() +67

System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.BeginAcquireState(Object source, EventArgs e, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData) +275

System.Web.AsyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute() +66

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +173

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

There's already a topic on this going in the geocaching.com section. Jeremy stated that he thought he had it up and running again, but I can't access it. You may want to follow that thread over there as it is actually a .com issue. Just throwing my 2 cents in..... and man am I running out of money fast..... :rolleyes: