Main Site Down

TeamK-9

There are other sites that allow both free and member access. Typically, it's a way of helping support a site you get value from and in most cases, as there is here, there are some extra things that a member gets over someone that hasn't contributed. They typically aren't huge, though to me the Pocket Queries here is a huge feature for paid members, but there are differences.

I'm all for extra features for paid members without taking away anything from those that aren't paying so they too can participate. I think so far the site has been terrific and I don't see it not continuing that way in the future. More then anything all us geocachers will make it successful or unpleasant and not the site.

It means, eventually, you may be able to log your note in your pocket pc or palm, and when you sync with your PC it will send the logs automatically to geocaching.com

Additionally, a cell phone client may allow you to log caches in real time.

Does this mean that premium members will be able to log caches through regular win32 programs (and not through the web interface)?

Pretty much.

Wow, wonder if that will be one of the future enhancements for GSAK. That would be a really wonderful upgrade. Just think, you could download your waypoints, using GSAK and Cachemate, upload them to your PDA for paperless geocaching, then when you found the cache, mark it as found. Then when you got back home and sync'd your PDA, it would automatically update the website with your finds. That would be really cool. I might be getting the cart a little ahead of the horse, but still, just thinking about the possibilities boggles the mind. Or atleast my mind. :D:D