Main Site Down

TeamK-9

I get this error when I try to access the main site:

Server Application Unavailable

The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable.  Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request.

Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.

Well, now I am getting this error when I try and access the main page...

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same. If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameters\AllowRemoteConnection.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same. If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameters\AllowRemoteConnection.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80072740): Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same. If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameters\AllowRemoteConnection.]

System.Web.SessionState.OutOfProcStateClientManager.MakeRequest(StateProtocolVerb verb, String id, StateProtocolExclusive exclusiveAccess, Int32 timeout, Int32 lockCookie, Byte[] buf, Int32 cb, Int32 networkTimeout, SessionNDMakeRequestResults& results) +512

System.Web.SessionState.OutOfProcStateClientManager.DoGet(String id, StateProtocolExclusive exclusiveAccess) +53

System.Web.SessionState.OutOfProcStateClientManager.GetExclusive(String id) +7

System.Web.SessionState.OutOfProcStateClientManager.System.Web.SessionState.IStateClientManager.BeginGetExclusive(String id, AsyncCallback cb, Object state) +6

System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.GetSessionStateItem() +67

System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.BeginAcquireState(Object source, EventArgs e, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData) +275

System.Web.AsyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute() +66

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +173

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

Rumor has it, Mt. Rainier exploded and Seattle is gone. :rolleyes:

I actually heard that in a restaurant a few weeks ago. :tongue: First thing I thought about was, "What about Geocaching"? Now is THAT self centered and serving, or what?? :bad:

Hey Jeremy, why don't you move gc. to Colorado? You know. Just to be on the safe side.

Edited by zoltig

Nope, still getting the errors. Only now the refresh trick ain't working. I think I broke it really good this time.....:rolleyes:

Here's the error in case you need it....

Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same. If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameters\AllowRemoteConnection.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same. If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameters\AllowRemoteConnection.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80072740): Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same. If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameters\AllowRemoteConnection.]

System.Web.SessionState.OutOfProcStateClientManager.MakeRequest(StateProtocolVerb verb, String id, StateProtocolExclusive exclusiveAccess, Int32 timeout, Int32 lockCookie, Byte[] buf, Int32 cb, Int32 networkTimeout, SessionNDMakeRequestResults& results) +512

System.Web.SessionState.OutOfProcStateClientManager.DoGet(String id, StateProtocolExclusive exclusiveAccess) +53

System.Web.SessionState.OutOfProcStateClientManager.System.Web.SessionState.IStateClientManager.BeginGetExclusive(String id, AsyncCallback cb, Object state) +6

System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.PollLockedSessionCallback(Object state) +198

[HttpException (0x80004005): Exception of type System.Web.HttpException was thrown.]

System.Web.HttpAsyncResult.End() +54

System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.EndAcquireState(IAsyncResult ar) +19

System.Web.AsyncEventExecutionStep.OnAsyncEventCompletion(IAsyncResult ar) +80

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

Edited by Baptist Deacon
This happened not 10 minutes after we left the office. One of the services of the box crashed which caused the error. It is back up and running. Sorry for the inconvenience.

What? How dare you leave the office, and make us suffer ten minutes of down time.

We thought you were chained to the server at all times! :rolleyes:

Server Too Busy

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Server Too Busy

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Server Too Busy]

System.Web.HttpRuntime.RejectRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +147

Happy Easter everyone! I was just cruising through some caches while I wait for the ham ot bake and this error popped up when I hit "decrypt" to read a post. I doubt the server is really busy on Easter morning (unless everyone else is surfing while THEIR hams are baking!), so I thought I'd make mention of it here.

Well, back to my ham!

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80072740): Unable to make the session state request to the session state server. Please ensure that the ASP.NET State service is started and that the client and server ports are the same.  If the server is on a remote machine, please ensure that it accepts remote requests by checking the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\aspnet_state\Parameters\AllowRemoteConnection.]

System.Web.SessionState.OutOfProcStateClientManager.Get(String id) +6

System.Web.SessionState.OutOfProcStateClientManager.System.Web.SessionState.IStateClientManager.BeginGet(String id, AsyncCallback cb, Object state) +6

System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.GetSessionStateItem() +39

System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.BeginAcquireState(Object source, EventArgs e, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData) +275

System.Web.AsyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute() +66

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +173

Same problem???

Now the main page isn't working!

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

We're experiencing record traffic today, and we're not *quite* set up to have multiple servers running the web site. But we're close. By May 1st we will be much more responsive to peak times.

Be gentle to the machines today. Try logging your finds tomorrow when traffic has diminished somewhat.

We're experiencing record traffic today, and we're not *quite* set up to have multiple servers running the web site. But we're close. By May 1st we will be much more responsive to peak times.

Be gentle to the machines today. Try logging your finds tomorrow when traffic has diminished somewhat.

I know it's no fun when the servers are getting hammered but geocaching is growing...that's a good thing! You guys do a great job keeping things going for all us "players" :tired:

Edited by n8aho
We're experiencing record traffic today

Out of curiosity, do we get to know what "record traffic" is?

, and we're not *quite* set up to have multiple servers running the web site. But we're close. By May 1st we will be much more responsive to peak times.

Yay! :rolleyes:

Too late. It may have taken 10 minutes, but I got my single cache find of the day logged...

BOY, I was beginning to get worried!! When I was reading all that stuff in the error message(s) about "Remote Server Access," etc., I envisioned some hacker attempting to turn the GC.com server against us all, trying to crack as many machines as possible by us turning on some obscure service on our machines to get inside. WHEW!! Luckily it seemed to be much more innocent. BTW, you guys have paid your ISP bill, right??? :rolleyes::D:o

So is there a place that they post error times and when it will be fixed. I was planning a trip and kept getting the error message yesterday but today when I got home that seems to be all that I am getting. I am not even sure if I will be able to send this without it going down. Is there just too many of us now and it is over loading the system? I know, it is the sun spots.

Just quoted that to answer riddlers question.

If you post a complaint in here, and Jeremy doesn't already know about the problem he works on it right away, and if he already is working on it, he usually explains what's going on.

You're a great guy Jeremy... :rolleyes:

Edited by TeamK-9
QUOTE (SerenityNow @ Apr 11 2004, 12:17 PM)

Happy Easter everyone! I was just cruising through some caches while I wait for the ham ot bake...

Well, back to my ham!

Do you have enough for everybody?

Sure Richard! Come on over!!!

Edited by SerenityNow

According to the board statistics, the current number of users is

32 guests, 84 members 7 anonymous members

and the maximum number ever recorded was

Most users ever online was 201 on Mar 2 2004, 01:15 PM

This server (forums.Groundspeak.com) seems to be OK, but the database server (geocaching.com) is hosed. Looks like it's more than just the number of logins.