60cs Uses Much More Tracks Points

I just finished a hike I always do and have saved active tracks made with the 76S and have found that the 60CS uses more than twice as many trackpoints for the same hike made with the 76S. Same time and distances. I done this hike for years and have alot of active tracks saved. The 76S had dropped 1230 and the 60cs dropped 3590.

And the best part is the 76 is set for MOST OFTEN and the 60CS was set for LEAST OFTEN.

A guy posted on another forum GPSNAV google,about this also. He said that when setting the 60CS to MOST OFTEN it still doesn't change alot at all.

I'm thinkiing there is a fix needed there.

My GPSmap60C is working normal, and I have the tracklog page in the sequence of main pages.

You could do a memory ALL clear then reflash your firmware to the latest version.

This will erase the Odometer value on you GPS though.

Edited by GOT GPS?
My GPSmap60C is working normal, and I have the tracklog page in the sequence of main pages.

You could do a memory ALL clear then reflash your firmware to the latest version.

This will erase the Odometer value on you GPS though.

I have the 3.10 version. Have you compared it to the 76S?

Also try changing the setting on track from most often to least often on the same route and see if there is any differences.

There probably isn't anything wrong with mine,it's just it lays down alot more trackpoints than the 76S does.

We'll see how this all plays out.