Ordered A Book In November From Amazon

Glad to see I'm not the only one! Mine should be waiting on my doorstep when I get home (according to my email anyway <_< )

Did you happen to notice that the name of the book has changed since you ordered it? It used to be: GeoCaching: Hiding, Hiking, and HiTEch.

Interesting that the title has changed....

Folks,

Not to be negative, but do we really need a book on this subject? Much less, three books? I thought the sport of geocaching was experiential in nature. I guess there are books on any sport. Could someone provide a review?

The Marauders

As soon as we get our copy, which should be any day now, Today's Cacher will be doing a review.

El Diablo

As soon as we get our copy, which should be any day now, Today's Cacher will be doing a review.

El Diablo

Speaking of any day now, is the PDF of the latest issue going to be available today as advertised? <_<

[/end hijack]

Edited by Team Nazgul

El Diablo

Speaking of any day now, is the PDF of the latest issue going to be available today as advertised? <_<

[/end hijack]

I'm not sure where Sean (Geoworms) is on that. I'll rattle his cage. He's a doctor so sometimes he gets a little behind.

El Diablo

I'm not sure where Sean (Geoworms) is on that. I'll rattle his cage. He's a doctor so sometimes he gets a little behind.

Sheesh, that's what triage is for! Just have him hang a "delayed" tag on each of his patients and get on to the important stuff... <_< Just kidding of course, probably won't get a chance to print it out 'til Monday anyhow. Thx

One of my Xmas presents just showed up. My sister-in-law ordered the Geocaching: Hike and Seek with Your GPS book and it came on Thurs so she brought it over today.

I gave it a quick once over and it doesn't look bad and for those just getting into it, it could actually be helpful.

The following are the chapters:

1 - Starting Off (A quick overview of the sport and its history)

2 - Cache On (Various web sites, cache types & TBs)

3 - The Technology (GPS, compasses and maps)

4 - Lost in Style (Map reading, using the GPSr,

5 - A Good Walk (Being appropriately dressed, food & water)

6 - On the Hunt (Loading the waypoints and finding the caches)

7 - In Hiding (Hiding a cache)

8 - Geovariations (Variations on the sport)

Appendix A - Resources

Appendix B - Outdoor Safety

Going on vacation the end of the month and I'll bring it and read it. For only a few bucks, if you get a couple of things out of it, it would be worth it. I'm personally hoping to get a better understanding of reading maps.