The Ultimate Cachemobile

buck09

I think that might be some sort of scam...

Isn't that a game console in one of those pix? It's in the back on the driver's side.

That doesn't look authentic in any way. First, SS seem to always try to be as inconspicuous as possible, but still stick out like a sore thumb. This is ridiculous!

It might have been intended to be a DOD vehicle, but failed at the drawingboard.

Yah, I agree with CR, there's no way that's a legit DoD vehicle unless it's just a training vehicle and nothing else.

I couldn't imagine the president ever driving around in anything like that, and the accessories just seem to glamorous to be real..

I tend to agree - especially after watching the amaturish videos they have for this thing - check it out if you've got broadband:

http://home.earthlink.net/~americanpawnocala/

You know, I was just telling my dad today how it was my dream to own a big black SUV someday, cause you can get away with almost anything in those things.

But this truck is just to good to be true...

The price might be appropriate if the equipment contained within the truck ammounted to around $30,000 but from what they describe, there's a lot more equipment there, and there's no way that it's less than $30,000 worth of gear. And even if the truck is real, and there is $30,000 of gear and mods on that truck and it was a DoD truck that they're selling, the DoD wouldn't sell it with all that fun stuff on it still, they'd strip it, and then sell it, and they wouldn't use eBay, they have special gov't auctions for that kind of stuff...

Edited by TeamK-9
I couldn't imagine the president ever driving around in anything like that

The Secret Service handles the President's security, not the DoD.

the accessories just seem to glamorous to be real..

Two words: Government Waste :rolleyes:

I don't doubt that it's a legitimate DoD vehicle. They (various government agencies) build a lot of things without ever putting them into production.

I think this would own all of the other geocaching vehicles here if it went above 60 mph instead of 40 mph

m1a1-tank-ahi.jpg

You'll want the System Enhanced Package which includes a great GPS system that includes a high resolution color screen. With the right software applied you can use satellite imagery or topographic maps.

Downside: 500 gallon fuel tank with fuel efficiency at less than a mile per gallon!

However, if you do decide to get one I'll gladly help you crew it! :unsure:

No thanks. With gas near $2 a gallon, I'll stick with my Honda.

Ah, the good ol' days, when gas was cheap....sigh....

WAIT A MINUTE! That's exactly what those big oil companies WANT me to think!

Those rip-off artist-theivin' backstabbin, big-money grabbin' ^%$#a**#@!!! :unsure:

:laughing::lol::D:D:D yeah its a ural :DB)B)B)B)

Awesome bike!

This bike just came up in another forum I participate in. Back when this pic was posted, I thought "cool old military bike with a sidecar".

Now I know better.

These are brand new, made in Russia and are available in the US. What's REALLY cool about them (and elevates them to ultimate cachemobile status in my book) is they normally operate in a standard motorcycle single rear wheel drive mode. When the going gets rough though, you can engage 2 wheel drive; where the sidecar wheel is driven as well. The Ural North America website Has some video footage of these things running offroad. Fairly impressive, and only around $10,000 brand new.

One of those Aquadas would be nice. I've seen them before, but my concern is ground clearance and going over rocks. Don't wanna bust a hole in the hull.

I'm just glad I didn't sell my Ford Ranger 4x4 when I got my Stang. I needed the 4x4 on my first cache hunt.