Retrieving Or Grabbing

pgustaf249

Actually, RK, there is a difference.

When you find the bug in a cache, you retrieve it. When you get the bug from another person (or somehow acquire it otherwise) it's grabbing.

Say for example, someone picks up a bug, they log that they retrieved it, they hide it in a new cache, but don't log that they put it in the cache. The website still shows the bug in their possession.

Along you come and find the bug in the cache. When you go online, rather than indicating that the bug was in the cache, it says that the other cachers have it. In this case, you would grab it from them.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's how it works.

Jamie

Actually, RK, there is a difference.

When you find the bug in a cache, you retrieve it. When you get the bug from another person (or somehow acquire it otherwise) it's grabbing.

Say for example, someone picks up a bug, they log that they retrieved it, they hide it in a new cache, but don't log that they put it in the cache. The website still shows the bug in their possession.

Along you come and find the bug in the cache. When you go online, rather than indicating that the bug was in the cache, it says that the other cachers have it. In this case, you would grab it from them.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's how it works.

Jamie

Another case would be:

You find the bug in Cache A, but according to the website it's supposed to be in cache B.

If you "Retreive" it, the lots will incorrectly indicate that you retreived it from Cache B.

If you GRAB it, the logs will correctly indicate that you got it elsewhere.

Does the system automatically decide for you if its a grab or a retrieve according to the TB history or do you have to look up the TB's history first in order to determine whether you grabbed it or retrieved it? I haven't done either yet but it would be nice to know ahead of time.