Snake In The Can...or Rocks

TV-dude

Wanted to give all the cachers out there a heads up..The rattlers are getting out and about again. SO I would suggest whenyou are caching with the kids or pets. Carry a walking stick to poke around suspected caches. Just in case our little fanged friends are napping out of the Sun. Another good tool would be to have a cell phone. In case you get biten it is less dangerous to phone in a airlift then to try to hikeout and speed the venom through your system. I know this is old hat knowledge for those that live here. But we do get a fair share of "foreigners" :lol: Coming through and want everyone to have a fun experience.

Thus endth the lesson.. :D

Just remember if you get struck by a rattlesnake it is best to "NOT" use the cut and suck method! Fully 3/4 of all snake bites do NOT have venom injected. More damage is done in haste.

Also, try to identify the type of snake that got you. It may not have been a rattler.

Best thing to do is look before you put your hand in a dark place.

John

rerote for speeling.

Edited by 2oldfarts (the rockhounders)
Just remember if you get struck by a rattlesnake it is best to "NOT" use the cut and suck method! Fully 3/4 of all snake bites do NOT have venom injected. More damage is done in haste.

Also, try to identify the type of snake that got you. It may not have been a rattler.

Best thing to do is look before you put your hand in a dark place.

John

rerote for speeling.

Sage advice.

<groan>

Oh, I get to post my last rattler picture from Clayton, CA. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LU...32-be8a6089f013

6bb4cb64-c968-4d67-9dbf-2cd8b3d3f131.jpg

The ones I've come across in Northern and Southern Calif have been smaller, and maybe 1 in 4 rattle. This old guy buzzed very loudly, then made for the cache's oak log. Used a hiking stick to keep him buzzing while I reached in for the container 2 feet on the other side. Kid's don't try this at home-- leave the rattlesnakes outside.