External Antenna Necessary For 60c?

wtex55

As a former IQUE owner, I depended on the Gilsson antenna often as the unit would have spotty reception in many areas. The use of the antenna greatly improved its capability but was a pain to hook up.

For those of you who have used an antenna on the 60C, I would sure appreciate some feedback...thanks!

I now have an external antenna for my 60C. Do I need one? not really because it seems to get great reception sitting on the seat of my truck. When my new Ram mount arrives I am sure that I wont need it at all. I have to admit however that it is pretty cool to see me maxing out all the sats and seeing 10' accuracy. I plan to use it when we fly to Florida because it is a pain to hold the GPS right next to the window all the time. As far a hookup goes there has not been any problems with that, just plug it in and go. BTW I bought a Gilsson antenna. Hope this helps.

As a former IQUE owner, I depended on the Gilsson antenna often as the unit would have spotty reception in many areas. The use of the antenna greatly improved its capability but was a pain to hook up.

For those of you who have used an antenna on the 60C, I would sure appreciate some feedback...thanks!

As with any GPS, use your GPS for a while without the antenna, My guess is that there is a 95% chance you will not need an external antenna. If you are driving a hummer, you will need the external antenna

I got the Gilsson external one for my CS. I got the 3 foot as I didn't want to long of one. I am mounting a PDA mount on my console of my pickup for ease of use. I have the Gilsson external on the dash. Having the GPS on the dash is a blind spot that our local cops like to give tickets for. But I have found for the most part my CS does work on the console without the external antenna.

murph