Nude Cacher Arrested...?

A fellow geocacher forwarded this to me and I couldn't resist posting it. I have seen a fair amount of discussion about NudeCacher while lurking, and he actively caches in my area. Fortunately I haven't encountered him while on the trail, but apparently someone recently did...the police.

http://www.skagitvalleyherald.com/articles...news/news01.txt

Indecent exposure on bird trail

A 33-year-old Bellingham man was arrested this weekend for exposing himself to women on a popular bird-watching trail, said Chief Deputy Will Reichardt of the Skagit County Sheriff's Office.

The man was sitting on a bench along the Padilla Bay Trail off of Bay View Edison Road on Saturday when the incident occurred, Reichardt said.

After he was arrested, the suspect admitted to exposing himself to two women on the trail last month. The man is on probation for a similar offense in Whatcom County.

The suspect is being held in Skagit County Jail on three counts of indecent exposure.

The sheriff's office is asking anyone who observed similar behavior on Padilla Bay trail to call 360-336-9450 and ask for Detective Ken Tiscornia.

While I'm not certain it was him, many of the details seem to fit with NudeCacher, namely where he is from and the area where he was caching. This cache is most likely the one he was attempting, which is on the same trail and one which he appears to have not found yet.

I find it all rather humorous really. Poor guy, surely there is some place a man can cache sans clothes...

This brings up exactly what exposing yourself to someone is.

If I'm skinny dipping at a hot springs and someone walks up, it's their fault as that tradition is established.

If i'm butt naked in the woods minding my own business when a couple of women come around the corner, it certainly wasn't my intention to flash em.

I swear it takes a raincoat and a lewd frame of mind.

This brings up exactly what exposing yourself to someone is.

If I'm skinny dipping at a hot springs and someone walks up, it's their fault as that tradition is established.

If I'm butt naked in the woods minding my own business when a couple of women come around the corner, it certainly wasn't my intention to flash em.

I swear it takes a raincoat and a lewd frame of mind.

Indecent exposure is indecent exposure. I just happen to be naked in public and two girls walked around the corner and saw Mr. Wiggly. Is that my fault? Hell yeah it is. Mr. Wiggly isn't supposed to be playing in public.

What the hell am I talking about?! Geez, I need to go to sleep!

Edited by JMBella

Well maybe some one should set up the BUFF cache!

The only way to log it is in the BUFF

If I lived in my old stomping ground you could garuntee I would.I have friends at several hot springs..................Maybe it's time for a visit,they haven't heard about geocaching yet hummmmmmmmmmmmm..

I to agree with RK here if I am at a Hot Spring,which I have all over the US and I am sitting there in my Birthday suit I feel I have every right to do it.

But not in a Park in the Middle of the City........That would be hard to explain....

Oficer I was uh....

I dare you. I double dog dare you. I don't think you'll sneak that one past the admins though. You could post it as a traditional cache then after it's approved change the rules. Of course they would have to take a picture for proof. Not sure if that's a good thing.

Nope, it wasn't me, I just got back from Portland late this evening. Thanks for the warning, I'll check out the county and local ordinances. Laws vary, but most apply to adult entertainment or lewd behavior. There's no state law against simple nudity. Oh, and you're right, I'm a bit over 33.

I dare you. I double dog dare you. I don't think you'll sneak that one past the admins though. You could post it as a traditional cache then after it's approved change the rules. Of course they would have to take a picture for proof. Not sure if that's a good thing.

Well, if it's set up at any one of the nude beaches/resports/swimming holes I don't see the problem...

I'd probably re-stock it with sunscreen packets.

We had a cache in our area called "Jaybird" (as in naked as a jaybird). It was near a hot springs where people traditionally bathe in their birthday suits. That cache went missing (high traffic area) but I was able to log 2 nearby caches. One was in view of another springs, and yes, I followed tradition. What a fun experience. I highly recommend it.

We had a cache in our area called "Jaybird" (as in naked as a jaybird). It was near a hot springs where people traditionally bathe in their birthday suits. That cache went missing (high traffic area) but I was able to log 2 nearby caches. One was in view of another springs, and yes, I followed tradition. What a fun experience. I highly recommend it.

Hmm, yes, you could set one up with a camera. wait, wait, no a web cam cache - that would be....

Never mind, nothing to see here, please go back to whatever you were doing

It was near a hot springs where people traditionally bathe in their birthday suits [...]  and yes, I followed tradition. What a fun experience. I highly recommend it.

OK, I probably shouldn't, but I gotta ask...

If you're naked, where do you keep your geocaching gear? :o

It was near a hot springs where people traditionally bathe in their birthday suits [...]  and yes, I followed tradition. What a fun experience. I highly recommend it.

OK, I probably shouldn't, but I gotta ask...

If you're naked, where do you keep your geocaching gear? :D

Funny thing about that...backpacks have a convenient loop on the top. It's just right for hanging on something... :lol:

...like a tree branch! You pervert! :D:D:D

BUFF it all depends on what defanition you use!!!

buffalo hide,military coat,,a stick or small block of wood covered with leather or cloth,,a dull brownish yellow.

a blow :now only in blind mansbuff.to serve as a buffer.

Now nude and buff are 2 seperate things so you could make a blindmans buff cache and it get by the approvers.

And in a public place.

Now nudity in public is called lewd and indecent.

unless otherwise accepted at that place.

ie a hot springs or in the backwoods were you have to take a bath in the river is another thing.

Edited by GEO*Trailblazer 1

From my understanding, the laws in Denver say it's OK to be naked as long as you're not being rude or lascivious. I once saw a guy jogging near I-25 wearing nothing but a knit hat and a pair of tennis shoes. It was snowing. It was cold. There wasn't much to see.

My feeling is: Who cares? I respect the guy for being that comfortable with his body.

From my understanding, the laws in Denver say it's OK to be naked as long as you're not being rude or lascivious. I once saw a guy jogging near I-25 wearing nothing but a knit hat and a pair of tennis shoes. It was snowing. It was cold. There wasn't much to see.

My feeling is: Who cares? I respect the guy for being that comfortable with his body.

Amen. There is a big difference between being nude and being lewd