Garmin Gps-map 60cs - Where To Buy?

Hey Y-all... the time has come.

Ft. Bliss PX reports that they will not have the GPS-map 60 for MONTHS! I don't want to wait that long. I know somebody here knows this answer, who has the 60C/S IN STOCK with the best overall deal for price/delivery?

To this point every other GPSr I have bought for myself was from the PX. I have no idea which internet site is the best choice.

Thanks Y-all.

Oh, those of you tired of GPS-60 threads, just don't read this one!

www.tigergps.com

www.tvnav.com

www.getfeetwet.com ($20 discount I think? use discount code #306964220S)

These are the top ranked on satisfaction and price.

I went with tvnav.com for personal reasons, even thou they cost a few dollars more.

Edited by RockyRiver

I ordered mine from getfeetwet.com last week, along with the auto-routing kit (of the places I checked, they had the best overall, combined price at the time). It arrived in two days, and I've been using it for about 4 days now, and LOVE it! Time to go search for a thread about lockups during auto-routing recalculating though... (yes, I've already upgraded the software in it :o

Just sharing my experience,

Billy

(aka SnoWake)

I got mine from www.offroute.com for $429. While a few bucks more than the others, they also give a portion of the sale to Groundspeak, which is worth the difference to me! :o

P.S. I think you have to follow the link from Groundspeak for that to be triggered

Edited by ahimsa

I personally spoke with the owner of Getfeetwet and he was a very nice guy. At first I had got that phone recording too and left a message. He called the next day and said they had been having phone troubles. The whole deal was great. Got my 60cs for $395 plus $12 for shipping which included an extra year extended warranty and a hat which is out of stock but now they are including a t shirt which he is sending me instead (at my request). Received my cs in two or three days and couldn't be happier. He said they were making $12 at that price.

I also got my 60CS from www.offroute.com. However, I am in the forces (UK) and serving in the middle east; they still got it here no problems at all using fedex. In fact their customer service was exceptional throughout and I would definitely recommend them. They also donate to Geocaching which is good news.

I ordered the 60cs bundle last week from getfeetwet, and it is supposed to be delivered this friday. I called them with a question and got the recording too, but when he called back he was very knowledgeable and helpful. I will advise further after I receive my package.

I ordered my 60cs from getfeetwet.com on 3/15 and it arrived to me by 3/18 via UPS 3 Day Select, and I live all the way across the country in Maine. I went for the 60cs + AutoNav kit deal. Its a real bargin. A friend of mine liked my 60cs so much he went and ordered the same thing from getfeetwet.com the next week himself.

Don't let the answering machine message disuade you from a great deal. I found the service to be great. No regrets at all.

I just got my 60cs from getfeetwet today (a day earlier than promised). I am very pleased with the price and the service. I highly recommend getting the bundle with City Select and all of the accessories. Its an even better bargain than the unit by itself. I even got a free T-shirt.

Well, seems like everyone is satisfied with getfeetwet.com, so I placed my order this morning for a 60CS and two serial cables. I like to leave one at home and one at work for the benchmark hunts on the way home. He cut me a great deal. Now I have to wait. The buyer of my Vista is expecting delivery tonight, so I will be GPS-less this weekend. Well, both my jeep and dog needs a bath, and we (dog and I) are walking in the Easter Parade tomorrow, and I have 4000 .223 shells to reload.... guess I can keep busy!

I too will comment on the service - when it arrives.

Thanks for the input.

Well, seems like everyone is satisfied with getfeetwet.com, so I placed my order this morning for a 60CS and two serial cables. I like to leave one at home and one at work for the benchmark hunts on the way home. He cut me a great deal. Now I have to wait. The buyer of my Vista is expecting delivery tonight, so I will be GPS-less this weekend. Well, both my jeep and dog needs a bath, and we (dog and I) are walking in the Easter Parade tomorrow, and I have 4000 .223 shells to reload.... guess I can keep busy!

I too will comment on the service - when it arrives.

Thanks for the input.

Hey Warrior!-

The 60CS has the USB cable (plus the serial ports). The USB operates a whole bunch faster.

Just sharing my info. But you probably already know.

Z.

Yeah, I know. But I use National Geographic TOPO. A LOT! Acording to the tech support guy (Michael Wildshut) from NG TOPO, the only way I can get TOPO to work on USB is if the people who supplied me with the USB cable also send me the USB driver for the cable. If I get that driver, TOPO will work fine. Well, Garmin assures me that NO DRIVER is needed for the USB cable to work, and the dude at NG TOPO is full of sh!t. What do you think?

So I need the serial cable. I like to leave it on the computer, but I like to have it with my laptop too. So, I just sucked it up and got two.

But thanks for the input..... another time it might have saved me a few $$$$

WOW!  Getfeetwet.com has a real bargain there.  Seems like it is too good to be true.  So I called them.  Got a real unprofessional and tinney sounding recording.  So now I wonder, are they for real?  Anyone else ever deal with them, and how was the service?

Thanks again.

I ordered my 60cs WITH the AUTO Navigation and mount package this morning from http://www.getfeetwet.com/ and mine already has a tracking number and is enroute tonight. $531.00

I sold my MeriColor with DirectRoute last night. I loved it for most features BUT couldn't stand being beaten by Garmin users to caches when not caching alone. Magellans take that extra time for the averaging to "get to the point".

Yeah, I know. But I use National Geographic TOPO. A LOT! Acording to the tech support guy (Michael Wildshut) from NG TOPO, the only way I can get TOPO to work on USB is if the people who supplied me with the USB cable also send me the USB driver for the cable. If I get that driver, TOPO will work fine. Well, Garmin assures me that NO DRIVER is needed for the USB cable to work, and the dude at NG TOPO is full of sh!t. What do you think?

So I need the serial cable. I like to leave it on the computer, but I like to have it with my laptop too. So, I just sucked it up and got two.

But thanks for the input..... another time it might have saved me a few $$$$

The guy at NG TOPO is full of it. A USB cable is just a passive device; the 60CS is what Windows will need the driver to communicate with. NG TOPO probably doesn't support USB transfers yet, but serial is more than likely no problem.

The guy at NG TOPO is full of it. A USB cable is just a passive device; the 60CS is what Windows will need the driver to communicate with. NG TOPO probably doesn't support USB transfers yet, but serial is more than likely no problem.

You are absolutely correct. Topo is a great program. But it you need tech support from them, you would be better served to bang your head against a brick wall than to contact them. I tried to explain it to the guy, but he was a dense as the above-mentioned brick wall.

Suffice it to say that TOPO does not support USB, for now. So I got the serial connections. :rolleyes:

I am not certain, but was the driver for the USB supplied in the "Trip & Waypoint Manager" disk? I had assumed this but I don't know that it is true.

I also use NG Topo as well as the Garmin Topo and MetroGuide. I actually have yet to use the NG with the new 60CS. I only hope that the info will transfer the same as with the Legend.

Z.