Relocating A Cache

Does anyone have experience in moving a cache? One of our caches was getting a trail worn to it, so we decided to move it farther up the same trail. I'd checked the guidelines, and saw no mention of this in them. When I tried to enter the new coordinates (about .61 miles from the original location), I got an error message that my coordinates had changed too much, and to contact the site. I did so, and am waiting for a reply. What are the rules with respect to relocating a cache?

If you're moving the cache that far, it might be best to archive it and use the cache on a new cache page. It sounds like it might be a different enough hunt to warrant this.

If it's pretty much the same hunt, then wait for the approvers to get back with you. You local approver can give better advise on which route is the best.

The error you are getting is to prevent folks getting a cache approved and then moving it to a spot that wouldn't get approved.

I applaude you for moving the cache because of maintenance issues. There should be more people who are as attentive as you. Good job!