Standard Size

TeamK-9

Oh I guess "yay big" and "so high" (can you see my hands?) icon_biggrin.gif

I've seen everything from tiny margerine containers to 2-3 gallon buckets so far in my minimal travels (have been geocaching less than a month)

It seems a 10 cup or 2 litre tub seems about the most popular.

Regular is a pretty wide range. By definition its anything between an Altoids tin and a 5 gallon bucket. Most ammo boxes I've seen fit it the regular cache category...even the double sized ones.

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on his hind legs. But by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" - Max Beerbohm

I haven't seen more than one cache, (which was a film can micro) and that's why I'm asking. I got an army surplus catalog today, and the dimensions of the ammo cans seem really small for something that sounds like it can hold so much. I mean the regular 50 caliber ammo can has less than 1 square foot of ground space and probably about as much, if not less actual room in it.

Am I crazy in thinking that ammo cans are kinda big, or am I just looking for them in the wrong army surplus catalog?

----

"The geocacher formerly known as K-9Cacher."

Extra batteries for GPS, don't leave home without 'em.