New Kids Questions

I need some more answers from kids for future issues of Today's Cacher. If you could have your children answer these two questions and send them to me with a first name or screen name and age (also gender if not clear from the name) I would appreciate it! A selection of answers will be printed in future issues.

Please EMAIL answers.

Thanks!

(1) If a travel bug could talk, what would it say?

(2) If I were a travel bug, I would want to ___________ because __________. (Fill in the blanks)

Ok I took pity on you and asked my son these questions. He's 7.

1. what would a travel bug say? It sure is dark in this treasure box.

2. If I were a travel bug I would want to *go to outter space* because *I could float around and see fiftyseventy thousand stars*

For some reason he always says fifty-seventy thousand to mean any HUGE number. :rolleyes:

I sent this to the other half of Cherokeecacher. She teaches 5th and 6th grade language Arts. Her classes know all about geocaching and TB’s, as they have both been topics of in-class writing assignments before. We will E_MAIL the responses if she decides to assign it. I think they have some “State Testing” coming up, so they might not be able to do it. I will keep you posted.

I need some more answers from kids for future issues of Today's Cacher. If you could have your children answer these two questions and send them to me with a first name or screen name and age (also gender if not clear from the name) I would appreciate it! A selection of answers will be printed in future issues.

Please EMAIL answers.

Thanks!

(2) If I were a travel bug, I would want to ___________ because __________. (Fill in the blanks)

Carleen,

I'll have my guys answer these when I get home from work and they get home from school.

My 7 yo Bridget sends these responses.

I was hoping for something more KID like, but it appears she hangs around with too many intelligent practical people. :D

1) "Send me to a different place"

2) "get sent to different places" - "I'm a Travel Bug"

Have sent an email with "kids" replies. My "kids" in that age group happen to be my grandchilden - not my kids. But have included my "kids" replies for their humor. Hmmm - if I was a travel bug I would want ......interesting idea - made us grandparents think too!

Just re-read your post and thought I'd better add genders - Kenzi is Mackenzie (female) and Sami is Samantha (also female).

Here's what my 9 year-old daughter, Meagan had to say:

(1) Let me out of here!

(2) I would want to get an air conditioner because it's hot in this box.

My kids don't have screen names, but there are lot of pictures of them that are viewable via my profile link. Happy geocaching!

C. R. my geocaching 8 year old says:

A travel bug would say " Please take me where I want to go. Don't take me in the opposite direction. Don't keep me for too long, and don't lose me!"

If I were a travel bug I would want to visit Antarctica because I want to see a lot of penguins. :o

My kids and I have been Geocaching for 2+ years (475 finds!) We are known as Shanep and the Geokids. We have mathcing "orange" geocaching shirts.

Both of the Geokids have created their own travel bugs with their own purpose. My son has one that is a "planet explorer". it is going to cities, places named after planets. (Venus, TX - a Saturn dealer, etc) http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=38577

Derek Age 8:

1. "I am heading to a place that someone is sending me to. Send me on my way."

2. If I were a travel bug, I would want to GOTO HAWAII because I CAN SEE MY MOMMYS FRIEND SHELIA AND SEE OCEAN AND A VOLCANO.

Abby Age 5:

1. I have fun on my trip.

2. If I were a travel bug, I would want to go to Alaska because i am going to have fun seeing flowers.

when, where will this be published?

good luck,

ShaneP and the Geokids.

Answers to the travel bug questions

Cree (this is his Geocaching screen name) is a memeber of team Finding Fraggle Rock. He is a 6 year old little boy who absolutely loves the hobby.

1) "I am a travel bug and I like to travel to different states. Even Idaho!"

2) If I were a travel bug, I would like to travel to the Bahamas because I want to swim with some sharks.

I need some more answers from kids for future issues of Today's Cacher. If you  could have your children answer these two questions and send them to me with a first name or screen name and age (also gender if not clear from the name) I would appreciate it! A selection of answers will be printed in future issues.

Please EMAIL answers.

Thanks!

If we continue to post the answers there will be no reason to read the e-zine. I think she requested the answers to be e-mailed for a reason. Just my opinion, everyone has one.