Amazing Garmin Service

One of the rubber buttons had come off of the front of my Garmin GPSMAP76S so I sent it to the Kansas service center for repair. Here is a portion of the Service Report:

UNIT DISCREPANCY

The "quit" button is missing

REPAIR SUMMARY

Confirmed problem.  Replaced keypad to correct the problem

Upgraded the rear case.  Replaced the front case.  Upgraded software to the latest version...

It's like I have an entire new unit. In fact, it makes me think they ~did~ send an entire new unit!

Garmin's the Best!

-Bob

This is a perfect illustration of why I wouldn't consider buying a Magellan. I have heard from a couple of people that their customer service leaves a lot to be desired.

I'm not gonna start a war here, BUT, Magellan has done some great things. While they do sometimes leave things to be desired, overall, they aren't bad either...

I have a Ledgend that I have had for 2 years and it always did me well.Over the last 6 months the glue that holds on the button strip slowly leaked out. When I got my GPS MAPS 60c I sent it into Garmin and as far as I can tell it's total new unit but it's not mine. Everything is fixed and there are no marks on the front so cooollll. Garmin has the best service I have ever see, the world would be a great place if all service was this good.

I agree, they give great service. I sent in a GPS III+ last year to get a bad BIOS fixed. They not only did that, they also replaced the removable antenna, the mount of which had loosened slightly. And the best part is that there was no charge for all of that other than shipping it to Garmin.

I dunno... I heard someone say that Garmin gave them a free T-shirt with their repaired unit. I just got an iQue 3600 back from them, and was half hoping to get a T-shirt for my trouble too. But I just had to settle for a new unit :D

My 60C has the shut-off problem. Maybe if I mention my iQue repair when I get that one fixed, and ask if they have any T-shirts... :D

I have a Ledgend that I have had for 2 years and it always did me well.Over the last 6 months the glue that holds on the button strip slowly leaked out. When I got my GPS MAPS 60c I sent it into Garmin and as far as I can tell it's total new unit but it's not mine. Everything is fixed and there are no marks on the front so cooollll. Garmin has the best service I have ever see, the world would be a great place if all service was this good.

I just had the same issue. but I had a BestBuy warranty, sent it in and I should get a voucher to buy a new unit.

I dunno... I heard someone say that Garmin gave them a free T-shirt with their repaired unit. I just got an iQue 3600 back from them, and was half hoping to get a T-shirt for my trouble too. But I just had to settle for a new unit :lol:

My 60C has the shut-off problem. Maybe if I mention my iQue repair when I get that one fixed, and ask if they have any T-shirts... :lol:

I had to get two different units repaired within a month of one another. When I called about the second one, I asked for a second mounting station for my GPSmap 162. They sent it free and didn't charge me for either repair.

P.S. These were the only two problems I've had after 9 years and 8 Garmin units.