Good Or Poor Condition?

G-Squad

I recently found my first benchmark (DV0145). I would like to report it the NGS via the Mark Recovery form. However, I have a question on it's condition. I noticed in a prior forum topic something about the mark has to have a certain amount of visibility. Although the mark itself is in good physical condition, as you can see in the area photo I logged, there is a bush that blocks the visibility of the mark. Do I indicate the condition as good and leave well enough alone or should I note poor condition due to the surrounding brush?

I think you are getting condition and satellite visibilty confused. If the mark itself is in good condition and readable it should be reported as 'Good' to NGS. After you finish entering the report you will get a screen asking if the mark is vislble to satellites.I am still a bit confused about that one, but check the forum for the term 'satellite' and read what the experts here had to say about it. Looking at the picture of your mark and post it may indeed be satellite viewable.

You're right. I did have them confused. I went back and re-read Deb Browns post on submitting recoveries. She did a good job of explaining the requirements. I will submit the mark as good condition. Also as being visible from satellite since from overhead, the bush really isn't in the way. Thanks for the help. Closing the topic.