Software For Pocket Pc

Ellenbarger Crew

PDA "Personal Data Assistant" was a product introduced by Apple way back in the early 90's. The acronym became a generalized term for any digital handheld.

The two big Kahunas of the PDA market are Microsoft Pocket PC and the Palm OS devices. I have an iPaq 2215 Pocket PC. If you have a PPC with Internet Explorer, you can simply save a whole web page and load it to your PPC.

If you are a Premium Member with Geocaching.com you can create GPX files. There are several programs for loading GPX files to your PPC. I use Sonar.http://gpxsonar.homeip.net/default.aspx Excellent program for organizing your cache pages. There is GPXview too.http://strandberg.org/gpxview/

As for the saving of cache pages. While looking at the cache page you want. In the top left of the screen click "File". Select "Save as...". Choose a folder path and save. You will get a folder and a HTML icon with an E on it. Now select both at the same time and right click and copy. Go to the folder you want to put them in your PPC. Right click and paste. Now when you click on the E icon in your PPC it will open the cache page. B)

B) Become a premium member so you can download gpx files. Download GSAK it is free and can be found on the downloads page. GSAK will spin out webpages that are smaller in size and you can load them right into your pocket pc.

Or, save yourself a step, get GPXSonar and load it onto your PPC, then just copy the .gpx files from the PQ's to your PPC and open them with GPXSonar.

B) Become a premium member so you can download gpx files. Download GSAK it is free and can be found on the downloads page. GSAK will spin out webpages that are smaller in size and you can load them right into your pocket pc.

Or, save yourself a step, get GPXSonar and load it onto your PPC, then just copy the .gpx files from the PQ's to your PPC and open them with GPXSonar.

Agreed.

I liked Spinner when it was first available. However it would cause my 1910 to freeze when I opened "Notes". I had my Spinner folder on my SD card. PPC would search every item in the Spinners HTML folder causing the freeze. I had to take the card out to open Notes.

I still use Spinner to edit my GPX waypoints for my Meridian.

I really like Sonar. Took a while to learn how to customize it. I have a problem reading manuals. B)

Read this http://www.mdgps.org/modules.php?name=pocketcaching and then get gpxsonar. Oh yeah and pay for the premium membership so that you can get the gpx files. GSAK is nice if you want to massage the gpx file before sending it to your PPC. Plus gpxsonar has more features than just being able to view caches which is all you get if you use GSAK to export HTML pages.

The best part is both of those programs are free. B)