Travel Bug Needing To Go To Hawaii?

"Triple-G"

Hi there-we are new geocachers in Maine and loving every second of it. We are headed to Hawaii in the next couple weeks and would love to be able to take a TB there, but want to take one that needs to go there (if there is such a thing!) How do I find out if there is one near me that might need to go to Hawaii?

B) Triple-G

You could post a note here B) or in the West and Southwest (which includes Hawai'i) forum and ask.

To find out which caches near you have TBs, you'll have to look through the list of caches near you and check their destinations OR do a TB search for "hawaii" (and "hawai'i") and check their current locations, but the latter list will be long. If you use Watcher to look at a cache list, then you can filter the caches to only those containing TBs, but you'll still have to look at each to check the destination.

I have 8 TB's that don't have goals yet. When are you going to Hawaii? I can send you a TB via snail mail to have you drop off there and we can see how long it takes to get back to my house in Iowa. You can contact me at weaselts1@mchsi.com if you are interested!!

Tim, aka The Weasel

I wonder if there are many Travel Bugs just dying to get out of Hawaii and on to the rest of the world ...

I always think that very thing myself, every time someone starts this topic. A great idea would be to search the caches in Hawaii looking for bugs to bring back to the "mainland" with you.

Now, it's also a great idea to take a bug to Hawaii with you, if you can find one that WANTS to go there.

I wonder if there are many Travel Bugs just dying to get out of Hawaii and on to the rest of the world ...

I've been searching since I got into Honolulu, but I'm not finding any that want to goto the mainland. I also posted about this in the regional forum but didn't get any responses.