Mapsource Metroguide And Topo

Hello,

does anybody have any experience in using both TOPO AND Metroguide at the same time?

I own a GPSMAP76 and several Metroguide products and have made good experience with this software both in Europe and in the US.

Now I am thinking about getting TOPO as well.

When checking files sizes I realized I could fit all of my Metroguide for Hawaii plus the Topo software on my GPSMAP76.

Garmin says TOPO works with my unit. But I cannot find any info on what would happen if I upload both.

Does anybody know if this is possible? What is the advantage/disadvantage of having both. Would it slow down the unit significantly? Would I be able to switch between the two kinds of maps? Would there be an overlap, making it harder to read the maps?

Anybody ever tried this?

Thanks for any suggestions and feedback.

Rechercheuse

Edited by Rechercheuse

You CAN load multiple map titles at the same time! You can only USE one at a time. This works for the Legend as well. Somewhere in the "Map Setup" pages is a way to select which MapSource title you want to appear on the screen. It'll appear as an option like "Show MetroGuide", "Show Topo", etc.

Unfortunately, I don't have my Legend anymore, so I can't give specific button-by-button instructions. Play with it a little, or maybe someone else can.

Yes. I have a VIsta and it works the same as the Legend. I have Maprsource Topo, Roads and Recreation and Metroguide loaded into my desktop for setting up waypoints etc. I copy whatever section of whatever of the 3 versions into my Vista.

There's a priority if you have an overlap. Metro, R+R then Topo, however you can sleect only Topo for example when you reach the woods and Metro on the highway.

Having all loaded into you PC hard disk is great cause you can switch easily bac and forth as you try to get iunto about what you're doing.

Alan