Placing Cache In A Wildlife Management Area

Frog Prince

There are several state maintained wildlife management areas in Virginia that I regulary visit. These areas provide public areas for camping, fishing and hunting. I would like to place a cache in an area where hunting is not allowed (locating it in the camping and fishing areas). The land is public state land and is not associated with any federal agency that does not permit geocaching. I am not aware of any restriction that the state has againt geocaching.

What do the rest of you think about placing a cache at a wildlife management area. Have any of you ever done this or are you aware of other caches in such an area. Thanks!!! ;)

Depends on your state's regulations. Some states do not allow it, some do and some have no policy. NJ is in the last category and many caches here are placed in WMA's. I have several. In fact the website for one WMA (not an offical state website, but the state's site does link to it) has a link to all the geocaches placed in it.