A Bit Of Light Relief

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

1 to move it to the Lighting section.

2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section.

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

5 to flame the spell checkers.

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames.

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid.

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp".

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct.

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum.

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum.

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's.

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too".

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs".

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

That was my favourite I haven't had such a laugh for ages. B)

But you must give a hint behind your numbering system, there seem to be many duplicates, is there a hidden code?

If you take all the numbers and put them into a very complicated formula and spend 2 hours scratching your head you will come up with another number, If you then divide that by 2 and add 4 onto it you get yet another number and if you have done this correctly you have a number that might equal the number of bulbs in your house, If you have not done it correctly then you are using the wrong formula!

Actually I blatantly copied it from another website and dont know if the numbers hold any importance, Maybe someone has analysed thousands of forum topics and calculated the average number of different responses that may appear in any given topic. Or more likely they just made them all up

Cheers

Donnie

Thanks for clearing that one up for me, Donnie :)

Now for a blatant Off Topic - so sue me!

You hold the dubious honour of being the owner of the first travel bug I ever found, which was "Back in Black". I think it was in only my 3rd cache find so I was quite excited to get it. I was on holiday in Cornwall a couple of weeks later so I was able to get it quite a bit closer to it's Land's End half way point. I see it has had a bit of a zig zag journey and appears to be currently with a novice cacher who doesn't seem to have the hang of logging TB's. I have sent him a friendly email (as I'm sure you have!) so maybe it will prick his conscience.

Cheers,

Nigel

Thanks for clearing that one up for me, Donnie :)

Now for a blatant Off Topic - so sue me!

You hold the dubious honour of being the owner of the first travel bug I ever found, which was "Back in Black". I think it was in only my 3rd cache find so I was quite excited to get it. I was on holiday in Cornwall a couple of weeks later so I was able to get it quite a bit closer to it's Land's End half way point. I see it has had a bit of a zig zag journey and appears to be currently with a novice cacher who doesn't seem to have the hang of logging TB's. I have sent him a friendly email (as I'm sure you have!) so maybe it will prick his conscience.

Cheers,

Nigel

Yes I have already sent him a couple of polite emails requesting that he logs the bug properly. I have had a reply from him but that was a couple of weeks ago and still no log appearing, He did say he was busy, but for all the time it takes to log a bug!!!!. I told him how to do it and went through it step buy step but no joy. I will keep my fingers crossed because there is not much else I can do. :)

Did anyone carry out a risk assessment?

I did think about a risk assesment, we get enough of them at work but I decided if I went down that road I would be kept in the dark because I would not be able to see in the dark to get a scaffold put up surrounding the afore mentioned lamp, bulb or whatever you would like to call it!

9 to post what they believe is they're favourite brand of bulb.

1 would claim that anyone using a peticular brand is a wanker!

17 posts would include disclaimers that they are not in anyway associated with the glass, filament or electric companies.

3 to claim that anyone afraid of the dark is "of questionable sexual orientation".

Personally I just hold the bulb in the socket and the socket rotates around the bulb because I am THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE.

favourite

a peticular brand is a wanker!

CENTER

I have no way of telling if there is incorrect spelling or grammar in this forum.

I've heard the term wanker used, but I'm not too sure of the meaning. I know you spell favorite as favourite, but I thought you spelled center as centre. Peticular is a new one. The context of the message would beg particular. Experience has taught me that I have a better chance understanding this stuff by reading it, rather than from listening to it. :D

favourite

a peticular brand is a w****r!

CENTER

I have no way of telling if there is incorrect spelling or grammar in this forum.

I've heard the term w****r used, but I'm not too sure of the meaning. :D

for fear of getting a warning i won't explain the meaning of the word w****r, suffice to say its not very polite!!

have a look here for a definition (scroll down to find the word) - thanks to geckoee for the link. believe the linked site would make excellent reference for all non-UK'ers who read/post in the UK forums!! :D

... now thats the second time i've gone off topic in the same thread!

It amused me the word w**k doesn't mean much in the States. There's a famous episode of Mork & Mindy which doesn't often get shown in the UK, because the nature of the show is that it's usually scheduled before the 9pm watershed. All through the episode a Mr. W**ker is referred to. What laughs :D

Full of useful information, me.

SP