Any Outings?

parson11

Well.....there are not alot of cachers in the south suburbs as opposed to other areas around Chicago. When I started caching, there were few caches hidden down our way. I'm going to push for the picnic to be held in the south subs this year.

Also, you can always create an event cache, such as a breakfast. These are usually well attended.

Cache on my south side friends!

The ChiTown cachers page has been static for a while, but the data on the caches is still pretty current. There's another breakfast coming up on May 15 in the northwest suburbs. But that doesn't mean that there can't be another one before or after in the south suburbs!

If you post it - they will come.

__tn_GD13-BYYDa.jpg

Edited by Markwell

Here in our town they have a weekly thing in one of the parks. It's called 'TGIF Picnic', on Fridays of course. It goes from 10:30am or so til about 2pm. They have music, a couple of food vendors, a fruit/vegetable stand and some other things. It usually runs mid June thru end of August. Geogeek65 knows what I'm talking about. Anyone think that it might be a good idea to try and see if I could get it listed, kind of like an event cache but with multiple dates? I'll try and find out for sure when the scheduled dates are for this year, just in case.

Edited by Corp Of Discovery

I think it would be great if this post or another could be used for South Suburban Chicago Geocacher posts of interest. As far as breakfasts, lets see over this month how many would show an interest in such an event or get together and we will do it. One thing I know is people will any excuse to put a good breakfast in their stomachs. <_<

With the weather getting better we probably will get that springtime urge to try and redo our winter bodies to some great shape with walking exercise. Mine always thinks I'm joking!!!

Great to hear from you guy's and some of you South Suburban lerkers drop a line too!