Geocaching Show On Diy

fallout4x4

DIY on geocaching. I saw about the last ten minutes of this last night.

Ya didn't miss much, IMO. After my wife, son, and daughter in law and I watched it, my wife made the comment that she has less desire to go caching than before. It really didn't do much to make it look like fun, and really didn't do much to explain it very well at all. I was pretty disappointed, but at least it's a start. Hopefully, more info will be presented by other shows like this one.

I saw it (the 10:30PM PST broadcast). It was very basic and incomplete. It made it appear that you have to hike miles into the wilderness to go geocaching, that finding a single cache was an all-day affair. No mention that geocaches are also located in civilization. They found a 5-gallon bucket and a .50 cal ammo can in the show in a Colorado State park. Still it was kind of fun to see someone attempt to describe the game.

I saw it (the 10:30PM PST broadcast). It was very basic and incomplete. It made it appear that you have to hike miles into the wilderness to go geocaching, that finding a single cache was an all-day affair. No mention that geocaches are also located in civilization. They found a 5-gallon bucket and a .50 cal ammo can in the show in a Colorado State park. Still it was kind of fun to see someone attempt to describe the game.

Yeah, and how hard was it to find those, once you were in the area? The 5-gallon bucket was sitting out in the open in the middle of a clearing, and the ammo can was sitting on a rock, up against another rock, right out in the open. They never did say anything about hiding them really, or even about covering them up and camoflaging them. I had to laugh out loud when the guy started the show by saying that lower priced GPSr's were much less accurate than higher priced ones! ;) I think there are plenty of cachers who would argue that point (until the poor little pony was decayed and crawling with maggots).