It's Raining, It's Pouring...

Well, as if Saturday wasn't bad enough (having to work and no one's in the forums), it's raining outside.

Normally, I wouldn't mind since I can't go geocaching anyway.

The "meteorologist" guy says it's going to rain for 2 more days!

That's just not right, what would a guy that studies meteors know about the weather? Doesn't he know that I'm off for the next 3 days and don't want to hike on muddy trails looking for tupperware in the woods?

It was 80 degrees a week ago (when I was out of town and couldn't go geocaching locally, but it's ok because I found a few on my trip). Why do we have to have all this rain? Doesn't it make the plants grow and cover the caches better? Doesn't it give ticks more places to hide? I don't need it to rain here, I have automatic sprinklers installed!

Oops, out of time. I have to get back from my break. Feel free to comment on the situation, I hadn't quite gotten to my topic yet. If a topic develops anyway, take it from there. However, keep abjectly silly posts in the correct thread. THis one has something to do with rain and geocaching. ;)

I am so spoiled living in So Cal. When I hear about caching in the snow and rain and cold, I can't imagine it. 

If I lived where it snowed, I would hibernate for the winter. You sure as heck wouldn't see me out caching.  ;)

GPSKitty

i've gone caching in snow like this. the stick is a yardstick.

b26ed122-6c24-4aee-8ee9-d0ce89778aae.jpg

Well it has rained everyday since last sunday where I live. Last night the meteor guy said everyday except Tuesaday and Wednesday it will rain this coming week ;):P

To make matters worse, I have 4 caches in my dining room that I am dying to hide. Oh well, at least its rain and not snow :P

Well Saxy, the rain is welcome here in N. Colorado. The Picnic Rock fire has consumed (from last report) better than 6000 acres. This is at the mouth of the Poudre Canyon. Home of the Resting by the River cache as well as several more.

So cheer up, it is doing some good. I hope the fire fighters can get this thing under control.

Yes, my grass is really enjoying the rain. My fruit trees may have been damaged by a bit of hail, I won't know til I go home. New Mexico is in as much of a drought as Colorado, but we have to give all of our water to Texas so it doesn't do us any good.

Yeah...and the water outta the Pecos river hits the salt flats south of Carlsbad, NM and becomes useless to the ranchers down there in Texas...you would think Texas would give us a break and tell us to keep it until they can come up with a workable plan...instead it sits and evaporates ;)

This rain is really nice...caching or not we in SOUTHERN NM need it soooo bad...we have had probably 18 inches of rain in the last 7 years :P

So this will help....

Quitcha complaining Saxman !!! :P

Edited by woof n lulu
Quitcha complaining Saxman !!!

But I wanna go caching! ;)

:P

Oh, did I mention the thunder and lightning? (Shouldn't it be lightning and thunder since the light comes first?) Anyway, It felt like an earthquake had hit last night around 1am (I'm from California, so yes, I know what an earthquake feels like). After another flash of lightning, the thunder rolled on for 20-30 seconds. Boy do we have wierd weather.

But I wanna go caching! :P

:P

Oh, did I mention the thunder and lightning? (Shouldn't it be lightning and thunder since the light comes first?) Anyway, It felt like an earthquake had hit last night around 1am (I'm from California, so yes, I know what an earthquake feels like). After another flash of lightning, the thunder rolled on for 20-30 seconds. Boy do we have wierd weather.

But just think Saxman...you could be one of those guys out on the golf course with a lightining rod in your hands...But then we would have to call you Sparky ;):P

Well it always amazes me to see grown men out on the course in the middle of thunder and lightning holding them clubs waaaaaaaaaay up in the air...muttering ....one last hole......

and they could be right!!!!!! ;)

Wasn't that in Caddyshack?

I've found a cache really close to a golfcourse before, but it wasn't raining.

Well it always amazes me to see grown men out on the course in the middle of thunder and lightning holding them clubs waaaaaaaaaay up in the air...muttering ....one last hole......

and they could be right!!!!!! :P

And as I drive by watching these guys I always chant softly

One last hole.....One last hole.....One less A--hole :P:P:D;)

When are going to hide the "One last hole" cache? B)

When are going to hide the "One last hole" cache? B)

COOL BEANS !!!!!!!!!

That would be a really great name for a cache on a golf course....

You got more of them in Albuquerque .... My town has one golf course...and all the land around it is privately owned

But I would be more then glad to supply the goodies for the cache !!!

Bring me the goodies and I'll place a cache for you

That is a distinct possibility....woof and I have been talking road trip....few days in Albu. and a few in Sante Fe....will let you know ! :P

Hopefully it won't be raining when you visit. You know, Snoogans might be in Santa Fe in July. I hope to make the event this year ;)

I am so spoiled living in So Cal. When I hear about caching in the snow and rain and cold, I can't imagine it. 

If I lived where it snowed, I would hibernate for the winter. You sure as heck wouldn't see me out caching.  :P

GPSKitty

Good thing Mt. Baldy isn't quite visible from your house.

LOL :P;)

As long as the snow stays up thar on them mountains, I can handle it.

GPSKitty

There is a little tear in my eye for you Smurf Dude. :P

Here In Western Washington the sun has been shining for days now. I got 11 finds yesterday and it was rough, with all that glare on my GPSr. ;) Now I have to go to the ocean for 7 days where lots of caches await me. If it stays sunny all the torn black garbage bags they are usually wrapped in will be dry. This sun thing is all wrong.

Do it in the rain, real Smurfs don't melt. :P

Besides rain seems to keep immigration from Cali. down. :P

and they could be right!!!!!! ;)

I live next to a HUGE golf course. All the nearby caches have golfballs in them.

Edited by Blind Avocado
  Besides rain seems to keep immigration from Cali. down.  :P

;) You got that right.

My sister migrated up there to retire. For awhile she kept bugging me to follow until she realized I was having no part of all that rain.

I have a t-shirt that I bought on a trip up there. It says "Seattle Rain Festival-Jan 1st to Dec 31".

My brother also moved up there from So Cal many years ago and after living there for about a year he said "You know when you are planning to do something outside, and then it starts to rain...you just postpone it til another day or next weekend, right? Well, I've learned you can't do that here." :P

I'll stay right where I am, thank you very much. It IS beautiful up there, though.

GPSKitty

"You know when you are planning to do something outside, and then it starts to rain...you just postpone it til another day or next weekend, right? Well, I've learned you can't do that here."

Around here if you plan on doing something and it starts raining, you wait for about 5 minutes and it will stop. Then you go on with your day.

It's been that way for the 3 years I've lived here until today. Today it wouldn't stop raining. It's as close to Seattle as I'll ever get.

Well, as if Saturday wasn't bad enough (having to work and no one's in the forums), it's raining outside.

Normally, I wouldn't mind since I can't go geocaching anyway.

That's just not right, what would a guy that studies meteors know about the weather? Doesn't he know that I'm off for the next 3 days and don't want to hike on muddy trails looking for tupperware in the woods?

It was 80 degrees a week ago (when I was out of town and couldn't go geocaching locally, but it's ok because I found a few on my trip). Why do we have to have all this rain? Doesn't it make the plants grow and cover the caches better? Doesn't it give ticks more places to hide? I don't need it to rain here, I have automatic sprinklers installed!

Oops, out of time. I have to get back from my break. Feel free to comment on the situation, I hadn't quite gotten to my topic yet. If a topic develops anyway, take it from there. However, keep abjectly silly posts in the correct thread. THis one has something to do with rain and geocaching. ;)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been sunny and warm all week here....I found three more caches today!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

But I wanna go caching! :P

;)

Hey Sax there were three of them a bit north of you. But they were on Tuesday.

Quake Map

What strikes me as odd, well besides having a wet cat in the forums, is that I enjoy caching in the snow but I won't cache when it's raining.

Uper, I would love to go caching in an area like that. Heck, I'd love to live somewhere it snows that much. However, this thread is about rain. Show me a picture of a flood. ;)

a flood? what do you think happens when all that snow melts. :P

What strikes me as odd, well besides having a wet cat in the forums, is that I enjoy caching in the snow but I won't cache when it's raining.

Uper, I would love to go caching in an area like that. Heck, I'd love to live somewhere it snows that much. However, this thread is about rain. Show me a picture of a flood. ;)

a flood? what do you think happens when all that snow melts. :P

That's different. I like snow. When it snows, I'm happy. When snow melts, I'm sad. When I rains, I'm sad. When rain melts, I'm happy :P

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's been sunny and warm all week here....I found three more caches today!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Three in one day!!!! You better slow down Sparky, At that rate you will double your finds by tommorow. ;)

And now it is Sunday....and still raining....but you know, for this rain, it is worth not being able to cache ! The birds are singing and happy with the wet, the grass is greener then its been in a long time, and my dog has to literally by pushed out the door --- she hates getting wet B)

If I lived where it snowed, I would hibernate for the winter. You sure as heck wouldn't see me out caching.  B)

GPSKitty

i've gone caching in snow like this. the stick is a yardstick.

b26ed122-6c24-4aee-8ee9-d0ce89778aae.jpg

That's not snow, that's a freaking bobsled run at the winter Olympics.

If I lived where it snowed, I would hibernate for the winter. You sure as heck wouldn't see me out caching.  B)

GPSKitty

Good thing Mt. Baldy isn't quite visible from your house.

I can't see it from my house either. But I get a nice view of it on my drive to work. There's still some snow on the top.

But I wanna go caching! ;)

B)

Talk about weird. We had thunder and lightning here on Thursday. If we get T&L once every two or three years, we're lucky. Not the right conditions for it here, but we got some nice rain and a bonus of light and sound. B)