Upcoming 76c

wtex55

I am planning on purchasing a 76C when available. Would like some feedback from those that have owned the 76S concerning its ease of handling. The placement of the buttons on top seems awkward but then again it may have an ergonomic purpose that I haven't considered.

Thanks for any help or input!

I am planning on purchasing a 76C when available. Would like some feedback from those that have owned the 76S concerning its ease of handling. The placement of the buttons on top seems awkward but then again it may have an ergonomic purpose that I haven't considered.

Thanks for any help or input!

Your best bet would be to go to your local dealer that has them and see how it fits your hand. It will be a while before the new ones hit the market Garmin claims

Expected Availability:

Second Quarter 2004

Garmin estimates tend to be way off, my guess would be October. Just speaking from experiance from many years of being a Garmin dealer.

It will be a while before the new ones hit the market Garmin claims

Expected Availability:

Second Quarter 2004

Garmin estimates tend to be way off, my guess would be October. Just speaking from experiance from many years of being a Garmin dealer.

2nd quarter would be NOW.

yes second quarter is sometime between NOW and END OF JUNE...

johnny - garmin delivery dates haven't been too bad lately - 60 series was due out sometime in the first quarter and both units did indeed ship in the first quarter. rino 130 has met it's date - which units have been so far off that you would say 76c/cs's won't be here until october?

I have had a 76s for the past year. I found 50 caches with it. It is very easy to use, hold sat lock very well, and I can usually get a waas fix. I have a RAM mount for the car. It works very well in the car on the way to a cache. I don't user the compass of altimiter all that much. The large display works good with Mapsource Topo. Overall it's a very good unit, color and more memory will just make it better.

The placement of the buttons on top seems awkward but then again it may have an ergonomic purpose that I haven't considered.

I have the basic 76 and I don't find the placement of the buttons to be a problem. My previous unit was a GPS12 which also had the buttons on top. Both models are easy to use with one hand.