Free Advice,

I wanted a place for everybody to post unsolicited advice. Here it is!!!!

I'll start the ball rolling.

In my opinion the thing that cause the most blisters when hiking is not adjusting the lacings on your boots often enough. As you hike your feet swell. How much depends on the weather and the load you carry. I usually stop after the first half hour or so and adjust the laces, then at every rest stop. If the load changes, say my niece needs to be carried for a while, I adjust my laces again after 15 or 20 min.

I wanted a place for everybody to post unsolicited advice. Here it is!!!!

I'll start the ball rolling.

In my opinion the thing that cause the most blisters when hiking is not adjusting the lacings on your boots often enough. As you hike your feet swell. How much depends on the weather and the load you carry. I usually stop after the first half hour or so and adjust the laces, then at every rest stop. If the load changes, say my niece needs to be carried for a while, I adjust my laces again after 15 or 20 min.

You have obviously put a lot of thought into this. Wouldn't it just be easier to adjust your fiber intake? :bad:

when you call home at 10:30 on a sturday night to say you got lost geocaching somewherer in quebec, do not have people giggling loudly in the background.

if you're riding your bike for more than eight hours, you can treat your chamois with lidocaine gel. you still get saddlesores, but you don't care.

earthworms do not taste "nice and peppery", no matter what anyone says. not even sateed with roasted garlic and red pepper and served in a cream sauce on toast points.

:P Here are two important East Texas Rules:

1. Always look on the other side of the log before you step over it. It is a great place for snakes to stretch out.

2. If it has eyes, and looks back at you from a dark hole, it is not a living cache. Leave it alone. :D

1. Know the difference between s*** and Shinola (sp?)

2. Never trust "whitey"

3. See a doctor and get rid of it!

Can anyone name the source of this great wisdom?

The Jerk!!!

Here's my piece of advice

Don't tug on Superman's cape.

Don't spit into the wind.

Don't pull the mask of the Old Lone Ranger and

Don't mess around with Jim.

Where'd that one come from?

Edited by Webfoot
1. Know the difference between s*** and Shinola (sp?)

2. Never trust "whitey"

3. See a doctor and get rid of it!

Can anyone name the source of this great wisdom?

The Jerk!!!

Here's my piece of advice

Don't tug on Superman's cape.

Don't spit into the wind.

Don't pull the mask of the Old Lone Ranger and

Don't mess around with Jim.

Where'd that one come from?

Jim Croce