Holy Smokes! Cccooperagency Busts 5000 Finds!

mr.magoo

And according to JoGPS, promptly quit geocaching because of things said about her in the forums :(:D:D:D

Anyway, a truly incredible accomplishment. When you think of ubercachers like Bassoonpilot, Stayfloopy and even BruceS and how they aren't even close to 5,000 finds it really puts things in perspective.

Edited by briansnat

Congrats Lynn! Now onto 10,000!

I just hit 1000 finds down in her home area and found quite a few of her own caches. We've been emailing back & forth the last couple days and she seems to be a very nice person, along with being a truly prolific cacher.

Congrats again!

Congrats Lynn on the big 5000, enjoyed hunting and socializing with you last nite. :bad: Will see you at the party tonight when you're presented the gold cache ;) Have never met a nicer cacher than you and yours. I'll be there when you hit 10k also. Happy huntin

talking about screwing up the bell curve for the rest of us. :rolleyes:

thats just amazing.

been caching since 5/25/01, meaning she's been a member for 1062 days.

She's logged 5168 finds.

that's 4.866 finds PER DAY.

I'll say it again: PER DAY.

Even if you discount the 877 virts, events and locationless, that's still 4291 caches for an average of 4.04 caches per day. I think she dispelled the validity of any rumors or innuendo long ago, although I must say that Webster is looking to put her picture in the newest dictionary edition next to the term OCD.

Said by someone who has that problem, so it's quite fair for me to say it. besides I say that w/love not malice so it's cool...

Edited by Gwho

I have never met CCCooper Agency. But I always thought it was a COMPANY with a WHOLE BUNCH of people caching under one name. You must be the number one cachers on geocaching.com. I wonder if there's a place on the site that rates the top cachers? Hey, that's all I need. More people to ASPIRE to, like CCCooper Agency. YOU ROCK!

I wonder if there's a place on the site that rates the top cachers? Hey, that's all I need. More people to ASPIRE to, like CCCooper Agency. YOU ROCK!

Since when does the number of finds and hides you have make you the "top cacher"?

I hope this isn't the direcction this hobby is going. :lol:

Salvelinus

We've met CCCooper Agency a couple of events and corresponded with them numerous times. They're among some of the most nicest and most approachable cachers we've interacted with in this hobby.

They've hosted numerous "official" events for their fellow cachers, coordinated many other unposted ones, hidden hundreds of caches for other members of the hobby, all while amassing an unimaginable amount of finds.

What other criteria would you suggest for the top cacher?

What other criteria would you suggest for the top cacher?

ABSOLUTLY NONE! This is not a competitave hobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Additionally, I'm refraining from bringing up several negative things here that may reduce one's "score". E-mail me if you would like more information, but I won't post it here.

Salvelinus