April Fools!

So CacheMonkeez... what IS the significance of the coordinates, since they really ARE just around the corner from me? :D Does that mean you're uncomfortably close to me??? :P:D:D

About 5 seconds of thought went into the whole April Fools Cache idea so the coords are base on our lat N28° and long W81°. The minutes are 12.345 and 54.321. Isn't that cool? You weren't singled out, but now everybody knows where you live!

It's too bad they deleted it. I was going to change my "find" to a note tomorrow saying that in all the excitement, I forgot to sign the logbook and won't claim a find until I do (which would, of course, be never)

Yep. I thought about that too, so I didn't log in my personal travel bug. That would have really skewed things for me. Is there anyway to go about deleting your log at this point?

My log is still intact on My Cache Page, I can delete it form there if I want. The cache page is history though. It really is too bad. It should have been added to the annals of Geocaching history

Oh yeah. I hadn't thought about that and I agree. It was a bunch of harmless fun that brought some levity to the day. I can't remember an April Fools day where I had such enjoyment. :D

Yea, but isn't it cool that TPTB didn't squash this thing early on and allowed us to have our fun? Thanks Crow T Robot and gc.com!

Yea, but isn't it cool that TPTB didn't squash this thing early on and allowed us to have our fun? Thanks Crow T Robot and gc.com!

It's totally cool that GC.com and the cache reviewer let that exist for the day.

I can't believe people are complaining it didn't get to stay. Can you just IMAGINE if 1-2 land managers saw that cache page a few months from now, and didn't get that it was a joke? OMG, I can see the memos flying back and forth now!

Geocachers are planting caches in unsafe, illegal, and prohibited areas! They are even putting live animals in these caches! This must be banned now!

Heck, anyone who doubts this, remember the whole NPS ban is based on one poorly worded cache description.

I also can't believe people think they really should get to keep a found log on it. That goes so far to the top of the lame pile, it's not even funny.

It's totally cool that GC.com and the cache reviewer let that exist for the day.

I can't believe people are complaining it didn't get to stay. Can you just IMAGINE if 1-2 land managers saw that cache page a few months from now, and didn't get that it was a joke? OMG, I can see the memos flying back and forth now!

Yeah, I was surprised that TPTB approved that one just so we could have some fun.

Thank You PTB. You rock. I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did. :D

I didn't expect it to stay up indefinetely, but it got closed down so quickly that many people didn't even hear about it til it was too late. That's the only bad part.

Thanks to all who participated.

GPSKitty

Don't look here. This is not a link to Da Bomb logs. But if it were, I'd say the spontaneous creativity was AWESOME!

I can't believe all the people that posted found it logs. Why not just a note?

It just gets filed away as bad karma. The Geocaching gods will make sure that a fake find gets paid for later with a no-find after an hour spent in a mosquito infested swamp looking for a plundered cache for instance...

P.S. Apparently not everyone knows this. If the image is too small to read (and you're using IE) hold your mouse over the image until the square button at the bottom right appears, then click it.

Thanks for not mentioning any names CYBret :D

Don't look here. This is not a link to Da Bomb logs. But if it were, I'd say the spontaneous creativity was AWESOME!

It just gets filed away as bad karma. The Geocaching gods will make sure that a fake find gets paid for later with a no-find after an hour spent in a mosquito infested swamp looking for a plundered cache for instance...

I'm glad I posted all DNFs then. I guess this means I get to find four great caches tomorrow right?!?! :D

I logged it as a find just because it was fun. It was a fun little April Fools gag and reading all the logs made me laugh and brought me several hours of fun. Why not log it as a find? When I look back, I'll always remember what a cool idea it was and that's alot more than I can say for several of the caches I've found for real.

Actually, a close friend mentioned to me that it would REALLY be funny if GC.com deleted all the logs at the end of the day for a REAL April Fool's gag! I had to agree!

Enjoyed both tons. Yes, I too am disturbed at the communities obsession with gerbils and hampsters!!

And I, sir, am disturbed by your pronounced predilection to strike my signature item with a sledge!

I guess this means I get to find four great caches tomorrow right?!?!

Or at the very least, you get to drink four free beers!

I have to say, Carleen gets my vote for most creative post......uh......posts. She picked up my multi-colored medication after getting caught in one of my muggle traps and it was all downhill from there. :P

She must be WAY hung over today.

Scoob

Did something happen yesterday? I can't remember! :D

I have to say, Carleen gets my vote for most creative post......uh......posts.  She picked up my multi-colored medication after getting caught in one of my muggle traps and it was all downhill from there.  :D

She must be WAY hung over today.

Scoob

Did something happen yesterday? I can't remember! :D

WHAT ?!?!!?! YOU DON"T REMEMBER !?!?!?!?

Let me refresh your memory:

Thursday, April 01, 2004

Captain Chaoss posted a note for Sloof Lirpa (Unknown (Mystery) Cache)     

OK, I hate to complain , and I really hate to have to add to the image of a "sue-happy America", but I have an issue here. I log the cache, I leave a booklet even though I thought I took nothing, and hop in my Jeep to head home.

Not more than 2 miles down the road, I get accosted by a glowing gerbil. This thing was FEROCIOUS ! Not only am I now covered with tiny claw marks, that insane thing tried touching my un-mentionables. Thank goodness the top was down on the Jeep. I siezed the grouuchy little vermin by the nape of his/her (?) neck, which is no easy feat mind you, and sailed him out the back. You think that stops him ? NO ! Like the liquid metal Terminator that Guv' Arnold had to beat down, this crazy thing starts chasing me up the road. Thank goodness for the mods on the engine, and the increased ground clearance provided by Superlift and some Firestone 32's.

Well, I stopped off for a drink to relax my nerves, once the evil spawn of rodent-dom gave up trying to jump into the tailpipe ( of the Jeep ) at 85 miles an hour. Low and behold, there was the infamous CarleenP at the bar. She too seems to be suffering some ill-effects from searching out this cache. Well, after some sound legal advice, *** I AM taking legal action against the railroad for not putting up warning signs about the local "wildlife" they have.

*** SIDENOTE: SOUND LEGAL ADVICE quoted verbatim -

mrph beer shetl in park brds acidic listenrghd meds jink found rotghy gerbil meds grth mro nessyd beer. im dat it pub. send hlp!

Thanks Carleen !

P.S. CarleenP also is in a very impressionable state currently. I convinced her I am more deserving of El Diablo's hiking staff than her mother.

You don't remember....So... I suppose I get the shaft, not the staff. GRRRRR, curses, foiled again !

:D:P

Man, I'm still laughing at the memories....probably the most fun I've had online since.....well, ever! I posted mine as finds, because I expected them to be deleted. Just to make sure, I went back after the pages were archived, and changed them to notes. I think the people who posted finds and not found made it that much more fun, just seeing the smileys and purple frownies helped the atmosphere. I've said it before, but I'll say it again: thanks Cachemonkeyz, Crow T Robot, and gc.com for a very memorable AFD!!! You guys ROCK!!!!!!!!!! :D