April Fools!

So, will my two "finds" be deleted? It's not about numbers, it's about honesty....unless those are going to be considered legitimate "internet event" caches, I don't want to claim them as finds if I didn't really find them......but, dang it, that was a BLAST!!!!!!

Thanks, cachemonkeyz, for doing that for us today!!!!! :bad:

They're GONE! They're BOTH GONE!

Fortunately I saved both cache pages (Da Bomb & sloof lirpa) to disk before they were nuked. Some very funny stuff :P

Might I suggest that you submit them to "Today's Geocacher" for publication? I think the rest of the community that didn't get a chance to see them would enjoy that. I know I did!!

Ummm.....did anyone else get the feeling that the caching community has an unnatural obsession with gerbils and hamsters? :P;);):bad::D;):)

HERE'S a little April Fools' Day prank I played on my approver today. The worst part is I thought, "What if he DOES approve it?!?! I'm going to have a LOT of explaining to do!!!"

Thankfully he got it! :bad:

Bret

P.S. Apparently not everyone knows this. If the image is too small to read (and you're using IE) hold your mouse over the image until the square button at the bottom right appears, then click it.

HERE'S a little April Fools' Day prank I played on my approver today.  The worst part is I thought, "What if he DOES approve it?!?! I'm going to have a LOT of explaining to do!!!"

Thankfully he got it!  ;)

Bret

I liked that one. Very clever. I wasn't sure if your clergy connection was legit or part of the spoof. Apparently it's legit. ;)

Perhaps I should clean up my act on the forums. :bad::P

GPSKitty

What was the orginal link to at the top of this page to? i got here late the cache was gone. Could some explain what was on there that was so funny, for us cachers just now getting to the forums for today?

It was a bogus cache in Florida. sloof lirpa. April fools backwards.

It was in a National Park, buried under railroad tracks. Hazardous swag.

Cachers "logged" finds for it. Very inventive and funny stuff.

It really is too bad that it got wiped out.

GPSKitty

It's too bad they deleted it. I was going to change my "find" to a note tomorrow saying that in all the excitement, I forgot to sign the logbook and won't claim a find until I do (which would, of course, be never)

Yep. I thought about that too, so I didn't log in my personal travel bug. That would have really skewed things for me. Is there anyway to go about deleting your log at this point?

It's too bad they deleted it. I was going to change my "find" to a note tomorrow saying that in all the excitement, I forgot to sign the logbook and won't claim a find until I do (which would, of course, be never)

Yep. I thought about that too, so I didn't log in my personal travel bug. That would have really skewed things for me. Is there anyway to go about deleting your log at this point?

My log is still intact on My Cache Page, I can delete it form there if I want. The cache page is history though. It really is too bad. It should have been added to the annals of Geocaching history

My log is still intact on My Cache Page, I can delete it form there if I want. The cache page is history though. It really is too bad. It should have been added to the annals of Geocaching history

Oh yeah. I hadn't thought about that and I agree. It was a bunch of harmless fun that brought some levity to the day. I can't remember an April Fools day where I had such enjoyment. :bad:

Edited by Webfoot