Geocaching Cats

We have a bunch of dog threads but I thought I'd see if there is such a thing a a geocaching cat out there. It sounds like an oxymoron but there has to be one. My first cat would of been a geocaching cat. We could walk it like a dog and take it camping. Feline Leukemia got it while it was still young. My current cats are typical lazy blobs that have as their sole goal in life to sleep at least once on everything I own. They don't display much geocaching potential.

One of my cats is the smartest I have ever seen. He also loves the outdoors, but I don't let him out without supervision. He doesn't like leashes, but likes car rides. Hmmm, maybe I will take him caching on a leash and see. I doubt he would be all that amused by it though.

Edit: Oh geeze, I just realized that documenting an experience taking the cat caching could be a good humor story for Today's Cacher. Maybe I will try it on an easy cache.

Edited by carleenp
I've actually been thinking about this a lot lately, since I am (obviously) a bit of a cat person.  I think I've finally found the best solution, though a bit dated.

Link not safe for PETA.

OOOHHHH!!! :(

That's BEYOND rude! I'm shocked and appalled. Cats know when they aren't wanted and I'm leaving.....a present in your flowerbed. :D

GPSKitty

I've actually been thinking about this a lot lately, since I am (obviously) a bit of a cat person. I think I've finally found the best solution, though a bit dated.

Link not safe for PETA.

Dated or not it is still funny. This is one to show my son and not my wife and daughter.

I guess this means GPS Kitty is going to leave a deposit in my yard too. :(

Cats make great swag items!

Not entirely true! Given the small size of most cache containers, a cute Bonsai Kitten usually works better due to the more efficient use of space.

/And if you thought my LAST link was bad... oy vey!

On a serious note, we had to put down our last cat over the winter. She was the oldest cat we have ever owned, too. :( But she went from the size of BalboaGirls cat to basically emaciated over a period of months, and it was clear that medication wasn't going to help any further. Enjoy the time you have with your pets while they are here.

and let's not forget what fun a fun cache a Bonsi Kitty can make....

192694_2900.jpg

192694_3000.jpg

Now...Before you get all worked up: Bonsi Kitties ARE NOT real.

Yes, they have a (sick) webpage, but as the Urban Legands page

will tell you, it's not real.

Shucks, I may have three dogs, but I also do have a cat.

(After all, the dogs do need a chew toy, right???) :(

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /examples/FinalBird.mpeg on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.29 Server at www.ozzu.com Port 80

/Temper tantrum

"I WANNA!!!!! I WANNA!!!!!"

:(

Forbidden

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

/Temper tantrum

:(

Do a search for "Ford Sportka + Funny"

I CAN'T FIND A LINK TO THE EFFIN CAT VERSION. ITSA SHOCKER!!!

Forbidden

/Temper tantrum

:D

Calm down noOb or we will get spanky to spark you... :D opps

Sparky to smack you with a trout... :(

I've actually been thinking about this a lot lately, since I am (obviously) a bit of a cat person.  I think I've finally found the best solution, though a bit dated.

Link not safe for PETA.

BWAHAHAHAHAH! (The wife says, "That's just wrong", but I think it's hilarious!) :D:):D:D:o:D:D

:( NM

I can imagine her saying that too.

I thought it was hysterical.

Now to keep it on topic. My cat would not have been a good cacher. Her sole purpose in life was to find a large enough area of human being in bed that she could lie on in the middle of the night. Either that, or to walk up and sniff your breath in the early morning hours in case you hadn't brushed your teeth or had left some spare crumbs of food lying around in your beard as a tidbit just for her.

and let's not forget what fun a fun cache a Bonsi Kitty can make....

192694_2900.jpg

192694_3000.jpg

Now...Before you get all worked up: Bonsi Kitties ARE NOT real.

Yes, they have a (sick) webpage, but as the Urban Legands page

will tell you, it's not  real.

Shucks, I may have three dogs, but I also do have a cat.

(After all, the dogs do need a chew toy, right???) :D

I'm really not feeling any love in this room right now. :(:D

GPSKitty

One of my cats is the smartest I have ever seen. He also loves the outdoors, but I don't let him out without supervision. He doesn't like leashes, but likes car rides. Hmmm, maybe I will take him caching on a leash and see. I doubt he would be all that amused by it though.

Edit: Oh geeze, I just realized that documenting an experience taking the cat caching could be a good humor story for Today's Cacher. Maybe I will try it on an easy cache.

I have two indoor cats. They are leash trained to got out side, but they go were they want to go, so I only take one out at a time. taking them to the vet in my truck is not a pleasent expreiance, they just do not like car travel.

0413760405-large.jpg

I found a dead cat along the road one day when I had to go help out a friend who's truck broke down. I placed the stiff cat in the cab against the drivers door so as soon as the door opened it would fall out onto the road and scare the bejesus out of him. Turns out that the tow truck driver beat my friend to the door. When he opened the door the cat fell out onto his feet and he started screaming like a little girl! My friend and I still can't stop laughing about that one. After a few minutes of explaining to the tow truck driver that my buddy and I are masters at practical jokes he started to chuckle too. I also put one of our cats in the refrigerator once to scare my wife. She jumped then beat the heck out of me. Cats are cool we have two and one of them growls at strangers at the door like a dog.