Number Of Benchmarks Found In 7 Days

mloser

I always glance at the number of benchmarks found in the last 7 days and last night we ALMOST made it to 1,000 (982 if I recall correctly). I have only been a member of this board for about 3 months, so I don't know if that is an all-time record or just since I came on board, but it is great that so many are out there looking for these things. It must be spring coming, but that number has risen every week for a while.

At athe 1,000 a week rate we only need 693 more weeks to find every one of 'em! That's only 13 years and 4 months. :(

I always glance at the number of benchmarks found in the last 7 days and last night we ALMOST made it to 1,000 (982 if I recall correctly). I have only been a member of this board for about 3 months, so I don't know if that is an all-time record or just since I came on board, but it is great that so many are out there looking for these things. It must be spring coming, but that number has risen every week for a while.

At athe 1,000 a week rate we only need 693 more weeks to find every one of 'em! That's only 13 years and 4 months. :bad:

The number of benchmarks found in seven days as only been displayed since Jeremy made some adjustments in the benchmarking section in mid-February. I expect that as the good weather and free time become more available throughout the county we will see the number of benchmarks found in the past seven days slowly raise and we should be able to get it over 1,000 for much of the summer.

I will use this opportunity to explain that with the change in mid-February, it was found out that what had been displayed as the number of benchmarks found was really the number of logs, currently 57,165. My statistical analysis had to go thru some recalculation since the number of benchmarks found appeared to drop by over 12,000. So, we are now sitting with almost 43,000 benchmarks found and we should hit 50,000 by thr Fourth of July.

Only a simple analysis,

it seems as the gas price's go up the numbers go down.

And for me the distance I have to travel to get to them is getting pretty expensive.

I have some close that I need to find but most are now over 50+ miles one way.

And I have seen an increase here in the number of cachers so I can get the cache numbers up now.These caches are as far as the Benchmarks though.

Yes for me it is getting warmer and the Benchmarks are calling,

Here I am, come and find me.

Thanks rogbarn, your awesome on those numbers,

Keep up the good work.

I expect that as the good weather and free time become more available throughout the county we will see the number of benchmarks found in the past seven days slowly raise and we should be able to get it over 1,000 for much of the summer.

Unfortunately, here in Central Texas the grass is already knee high in spots and the poison ivy is spreading like crazy after the mild winter we had. Benchmarking is getting a lot harder here now. For me the the prime hunting season is November to March.

As of 19:12 (PST) the main page says we've found 997 marks in the past seven days. I found one today that I just logged and it's not in that number yet, meaning we've got at least 998.

In the last 7 days, 997 benchmarks have been logged by 308 users.

Overall, 42879 benchmarks have been recovered in 57232 logs.

There are 736425 total benchmarks in the database.

Last Generated: 4/1/2004 6:57 PM PST

We've got about five hours left on the west coast.... all we need is two more...

Edited by Kewaneh & Shark

I found 3 (out of 4) today. Does that place us over the edge?

Where do I go to find this 'tally'?

BTW TerraVador.....here in the northeast, NOW is the time for benchmark hunting. The snow is disappearing and the undergrowth has not begun. "Changes in latitude......"

Edited by Spoo

Well, we didn't even come close to 1,000 this weekend. I didn't do my part at all. I found just one, despite spending over 6 hours in two days looking. I can imagine that the cold weather in the northeast kept many in my area indoors. I should have stayed in with my success ratio. Well, there is always next weekend. And, yes, I WILL benchmark on Easter Sunday!

I have been watching this ever since we broke 1,000. If I remember correctly, we had two weeks at greater than a grand, then dropped, at times to less than 500. I do my best :laughing: but am beginning to think that summer is not as good as I hoped when I started benchmark hunting in February. I spend much more time probing in deep grass and weeds now, and there are spots I look at once and make a mental note to return when the cooler season is here and weeds die. A post elsewhere mentioned chiggers, black flies, and other hazards of summer, and I know that I have seen some of the best and healthiest poison ivy in my area this spring also. Not that I plan on quitting--but it HAS become harder at times.